Aug 6, 2013 - StaffDeaths
Genevieve L. (Trent) Fuller, 100, died in Phoenix where she was living with her son and daughter-in-law. A visitation will be 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. Friday, Aug. 9, at Hudson's Funeral Home in Lander. Funeral services will be at 10 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 10, at the First United Methodist Church of Lander, 262 N. Third St. A visitation will be 45 minutes before the funeral, and graveside services will follow.
Shawn Roy Romero, 55, died Tuesday, July 23, in Casper. Graveside services will be at 3 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 8, at Mountain View Cemetery. A celebration of life will follow at 5 p.m. at the Eagles Hall, 404 E. Fremont Ave., Riverton.
June Strickland, 70, of Riverton, died Saturday, July 27, at Wyoming Medical Center in Casper. Per her request, cremation has taken place. A memorial service will be at 10 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 10, at the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Riverton.
Donald R. Varga, 72, died Wednesday, July, 24, at his home in Rock Springs. A memorial service will be at a later date.
Zachary Mackay Benefit Dinner is 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. at the Riverton Elks Lodge, 207 E. Main St., Riverton. Tickets are $10 a person, $20 a family. Donations can be made online at www.supportzackymackay.myevent.com or at Atlantic City Federal Credit Union (mention MacKay Family).
Eagle Spirit Dancers is at 7 p.m. at the Museum of the American West, 1445 Main St., Lander.
Health Care Reform Explained is noon to 2 p.m. in the Community Room at the Riverton Branch Library, 1330 W. Park Ave. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Wyoming will discuss the Affordable Care Act, Federally Facilitated Marketplace, mandates and penalties, and cost assistance. The public is welcome to attend and bring a lunch.
BLM Public Meeting on Uranium Project is 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. at the Riverton Branch Library, 1330 W. Park Ave. Strathmore Resources proposes to conduct conventional uranium exploration and development in the Gas Hills Unit, roughly 45 miles east of Riverton and 35 miles southwest of Casper. The project area is about 12,400 acres. Strathmore proposes to mine the uranium using conventional or open pit methods and with on-site heap leach processing of uranium into yellow cake. Surface disturbance from pits, spoils storage, material storage, roads and processing facilities, including the heap leach, will total roughly 2,000 acres and will be phased over 12 years. For more information, visit www.blm.gov/wy/st/en/info/NEPA/documents/lfo/LowerGasHillsConvMine.html.
In Riverton Police Department weekend reports through Tuesday morning:
- Eldon Antelope, 48, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication at about 6 p.m. Friday in the 800 block of East Main Street.
- Elisteanna Catha, 26, of Arapahoe, was arrested for driving under the influence at about 11:10 p.m. Friday in the 600 block of South Federal Boulevard.
- Bobbi Talksdifferent, 31, of Arapahoe, was arrested for disorderly conduct at about 11:30 p.m. Friday in the 900 block of South Federal Boulevard.
- Houston Headley, 45, of Arapahoe, and Jason Moon, 37, of Ethete, were arrested for public intoxication at about 11:40 a.m. Saturday in the 800 block of East Main Street. Also arrested was Rosetta Hutchinson, 36, of Riverton, on a warrant for failure to appear.
- Jody Van Fleet, 30, of Riverton, was arrested for domestic violence assault at about 6 p.m. Saturday in the 400 block of East Sunset Drive.
- Brent Gould, 22, of Arapahoe, was arrested on a warrant for contempt of court at about 9:40 p.m. Saturday in the 600 block of North Federal Boulevard.
- Charles Klinger, 44, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication at about 4:40 p.m. Sunday at the Fremont County Alcohol Crisis Center.
- Marcus Friday, 36, of Ethete, was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear at about 8:30 p.m. Sunday in the 600 block of Eagle Drive.
- Jennifer Teran, 28, of Riverton, was arrested for domestic violence assault at about 11:45 p.m. Sunday in the 1200 block of East Main Street.
- William YellowRobe, 40, of St. Stephen's, was arrested for public intoxication at about 5:10 p.m. Monday at Riverton Memorial Hospital.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office weekend reports through Tuesday morning:
- Miles Mcneil, 63, of Lander, was arrested for domestic violence battery and aggravated assault and battery at about 5:30 p.m. Friday on Appaloosa Lane in Lander. Deputies said they were called to the area in response to a report of a family fight in progress. Mcneil's female victim reportedly was hospitalized due to injuries suffered during the incident. The case is still under investigation, and further details were unavailable.
- Ronald Abernathy, 51, of Lander, was arrested for bond violation at about 6:45 a.m. Sunday at the Fremont County Sheriff's Office in Lander.
- Crystal Knigge, 31, of Bonneville, was arrested on a Fremont County warrant for bond revocation at about 1:20 p.m. Friday on Idaho Street in Shoshoni.
- Tiffany Latray, 24, of Riverton, was arrested on a Fremont County warrant for failure to appear at about 5:30 p.m. Saturday at the Fremont County Fairgrounds in Riverton.
- James Blackburn, 30, of Riverton, and Carmella Driftwood, 25, of Riverton, both were arrested for child endangering on the south end of Riverton on Saturday evening as the result of a Report Every Drunk Driver Immediately call to police. Stephen Headley, 19, of Riverton, was arrested for driving under the influence with a child passenger in the same incident. According to reports, a deputy contacted the driver and occupants of the vehicle in question and found them all to be intoxicated. Officials said two young children also were in the vehicle - an 8-month-old infant and a 3-year-old child. The minors were released to tribal social services.
- Wendall Antelope Jr., 18, of Riverton, was arrested on a Fremont County warrant for failure to appear at about 3:20 p.m. Monday in the 100 block of Norkok Street in Fort Washakie.
- Seth Erhart, 26, of Morhead, Minn., was arrested for driving while under the influence at about 11:20 p.m. Monday on U.S. Highway 26 near 8 Mile Road.
- Deputies responded to reports of a stabbing at about 1:45 a.m. Tuesday along 17 Mile Road. According to officials, an ambulance was dispatched at the request of a man who indicated he had been stabbed. The case is being investigated by the Wind River Police Department, and no further information was available.
- A man in the 1300 block of Holly Road in Riverton called police at about 2 a.m. Tuesday to say there were "lots of people" outside of his residence "raising hell like they are going to kill him." Undersheriff Ryan Lee said several people had arrived at the man's home because the subject had "refused to return a cell phone to a friend he had been drinking with." A fight reportedly ensued, but the reporting party was not injured. Lee said everyone had fled the scene when deputies arrived. No weapons were involved, according to reports.
- Charlo Yellowfox Jr., 25, of Riverton, was arrested for resisting arrest and breach of peace at about 3:20 a.m. Tuesday in the 900 block of East Monroe Avenue. According to reports, deputies were responding to calls that someone was being "very loud" in the area.
- During this timeframe the Fremont County Emergency Dispatch Center took 274 calls for service, including one involving a motor vehicle accident. County ambulances were dispatched 60 times, and area fire departments responded to 12 calls for help. Thirty-two people were booked into the Fremont County Detention Center for charges, including three for driving under the influence, nine other alcohol-related charges, two felony charges and 38 misdemeanor charges. The center currently is responsible for 185 inmates, including 107 at the facility, 10 in substance abuse treatment programs, two on home detention and three elsewhere.
The Wyoming State Engineer's Office report on stream flows, reservoir levels and canal diversions in the Wind River Basin as of Monday, Aug. 5, are as listed in the first column. The readings for Sunday, Aug. 4, are in the second column. Measurements are in cubic feet per second unless otherwise stated.
Wind River near Dubois 82 83
Wind River above Red Creek -- --
Dinwoody Creek above Lakes 341 347
Bull Lake Creek above Bull Lake -- --
Bull Lake Creek near Lenore 677 724
Wind River near Crowheart 1,470 1,390
Wind River near Kinnear 375 375
Wind River at Riverton 49 45
Little Popo Agie River near Lander 53 52
Little Wind River near Riverton 73 71
Fivemile Creek near Shoshoni 302 311
Wind River below Boysen Reservoir 1,030 1,040
Get your copy of The Ranger online, every day! If you are a current print subscriber and want to also access dailyranger.com online (there is nothing more to purchase) including being able to download The Mining and Energy Edition, click here. Looking to start a new online subscription to dailyranger.com (even if it is for just one day)? Access our secure SSL encrypted server and start your subscription now by clicking here.