Man pleads in girl's abductionMay 26, 2013 The Associated Press
DOUGLAS -- A Casper man has pleaded guilty to kidnapping and sexual abuse of a minor in the abduction of a 2-year-old Glenrock girl from her bedroom last year.
22-year-old Robert J. Parks entered the pleas in Converse County District Court. Parks had been scheduled for trial starting Tuesday in Douglas.
Parks entered "Alford pleas," which carry the same legal weight as regular guilty pleas but don't require a defendant to admit wrongdoing. Parks faces sentences of up to 20 years for kidnapping and 50 years for sexual abuse of a minor.
Parks's lawyer, Scott Powers, says prosecutors agreed to drop a felony larceny charge against Parks in exchange for his pleas. Powers says prosecutors agreed to allow Parks's sentences to run concurrently.