May 16, 2013 - By Katie Roenigk, Staff WriterA double-wide trailer home was destroyed Tuesday in an accidental fire on Ocean Lake Road.
Officials said no one was injured in the incident, which was being investigated Wednesday.
"A rancher had guys living there working for him," Hartbank said of the trailer at 21 Ocean Lake Road. "I think one of the residents (was home), an older kid (in his) 20s."
The worker managed to escape the trailer, Hartbank said, and a passerby reported the fire at about 5:35 p.m. Tuesday. She described flames coming from the home's window.
"It was about three-quarters engulfed when we got there," Hartbank said. "The west end is still standing a little bit, but it was pretty well destroyed. It'll have to be pushed in."
Crews were on scene for about four hours Tuesday, and Hartbank said the property owner was putting out smoldering hot spots throughout the evening.
"There were spot fires a half mile into the field," Hartbank said, noting that strong winds fed the flames on Tuesday. "There are a bunch of cottonwoods there, so we still have a little smoldering on a couple of them, but I think they'll burn themselves out."
He added that no other structures were in danger of being burned.
Get your copy of The Ranger online, every day! If you are a current print subscriber and want to also access dailyranger.com online (there is nothing more to purchase) including being able to download The Mining and Energy Edition, click here. Looking to start a new online subscription to dailyranger.com (even if it is for just one day)? Access our secure SSL encrypted server and start your subscription now by clicking here.