A family-owned daily newspaper serving Riverton, Lander and Fremont County, Wyoming since 1949
May 15, 2013 - Staff
Hugh Ellis, 74, of Riverton, died Saturday, May 11, at Wind River Health Care. Per his request, cremation will take place. ...
There is more! Read the rest of the story - subscribe today!
Hugh Ellis, 74, of Riverton, died Saturday, May 11, at Wind River Health Care. Per his request, cremation will take place. Interment has taken place at Mountain View Cemetery, and there will be no services.
Anita Seeley Price, 72, of Riverton, died Wednesday, May 1, at Casper Medical Center with her children by her side. Per her request, cremation has taken place. A memorial service will be at 10 a.m. Saturday, May 18, at the United Methodist Church in Riverton. Pastor Mark Thurman will officiate.
Sageland Stomp, performing with Peculiar Patriots, is at Bar 10, 114 S. Broadway Ave., Riverton.
St. Stephen's Indian School Graduation is at 10 a.m. in the school's gymnasium, 128 Mission Road, St. Stephen's.
Pathfinder High School Graduation is at 6 p.m. at the CWC Sinks Canyon Center, Lander.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Tuesday to Wednesday morning:
- No arrests were recorded during this timeframe.
- The FCSO took 81 calls for service over the past 24 hours. County ambulances were called out 14 times, and county firefighters responded to four calls for help. Dispatchers took one call involving a motor vehicle accident. Six people were booked into the Fremont County Detention Center including one for driving under the influence, three on other alcohol-related charges and 11 on misdemeanor charges. The center currently is responsible for 181 inmates, including 162 at the facility, 12 in substance abuse treatment programs, four on home detention and three being housed out of the facility.
In Riverton Police Department reports Tuesday to Wednesday morning:
- Cheri Ghostbear, 39, of Riverton, was arrested for contempt of court at about 3:50 p.m. Tuesday in the 800 block of East Main Street.
- Cordell Washington, 39, was arrested for failure to appear at about 10:40 p.m. Monday in the 200 block of West Washington Avenue.
- Odell Shine Littleshield, 23, of Riverton, was arrested for child abuse and property destruction at about 10:30 p.m. Monday in the 400 block of East Madison Avenue. Reports state her blood-alcohol content was .20. With her was Daniel Black, 31, of Riverton, who was arrested for child abuse with a BAC of .26.
- David Burt, 23, of Riverton, was arrested for driving under the influence at about 2:30 a.m. Tuesday in the 1300 block of East Adams Avenue.
- Grantor: WOOLSEY SCOTT N Legal: Sub/Mine: RIVERTON ORIGINAL TOWN OF RI Lot: 8 Block: 36 ... Grantee: LININGER KAREN
- Grantor: JOHNSON NICHOLAS BURKE TRUSTEE, JOHNSON NICHOLAS BURKE LIVING TRUST AGREEMENT, JOHNSON DONA LEE TRUSTEE, ... Legal: Sub/Mine: WARM SPRINGS MOUNTAIN 2ND FILING REPLAT DU Lo..., Sub/Mine: WARM SPRINGS MOUNTAIN 2ND FILING REPLAT DU Lo..., Sub/Mine: WARM SPRINGS MOUNTAIN 1ST ADD DU Lot: B City:... Grantee: LONG SHOT ADVENTURES INC Notes: TRACT B, VACATED PORTION OF WARM SPRINGS MOUNTAIN SUBDIVI..., TRACTS A & B, VACATED PORTION OF REPLAT WARM SPRINGS MOUN...
- Grantor: STONE STANLEY D, STONE MARGARET R Legal: Sub/Mine: MOUNTAIN VIEW ACRES SUB #1 RI Lot: 20 City: R... Grantee: HILL JEREMY L, HILL COURTNEY
- Grantor: POST ROBERT A, POST MELVA A Legal: Half: N Quarter: NE Section: 33 Township: 3n Range: 3e Grantee: POST CODY, POST DANIELLE
- Grantor: POST ROBERT A, POST MELVA A Legal: Sub/Mine: RYAN HEIGHTS ADD RI Lot: 7 Block: 6 City: RIV..., Sub/Mine: RYAN HEIGHTS ADD RI Lot: 8 Block: 6 City: RIV..., Sub/Mine: RYAN HEIGHTS ADD RI Lot: 9 Block: 6 City: RIV... Grantee: POST MAT A
- Grantor: JENSEN JAMES A, JENSEN JAMIE L Legal: Section: 34 Township: 4N Range: 3E Remarks: TRACT 12, Section: 35 Township: 4N Range: 3E Remarks: TRACTS 10, ... Grantee: BURGETT GLENN H, BURGETT GEORGIANA Notes: TRACT12 SEC 34 & TRACTS 10,14,18,6 & 17 SEC 35, SOUTH MUDDY ROAD
- Grantor: MENDEZ VIVA KAY, HETZLER VIVA Legal: Sub/Mine: BADLEY-BLACK 2ND FILING LA Lot: 8 Block: 2 Ci..., Sub/Mine: BADLEY-BLACK 2ND FILING LA Lot: 7 Block: 2 Ci... Grantee: HETZLER VIVA KAY
- Grantor: DONOVAN MICHAEL R , DONOVAN KATHY M Legal: Sub/Mine: CLAUD FIKE 1ST ADD RI Lot: 7 Block: 2 City: R... Grantee: MILLER AUTUMN LYNN
- Groom: CAYOU VERNON KEITH Bride: TILLMAN CRYSTALYN CAROL
- Groom: GOICK TREVER DEE Bride: HAMILTON EMILY CAROLINE
- Groom: THOMPSON BRADI MICHAEL Bride: STRAIN APRIL MORIAH
- Groom: HERMAN JASON CHARLES Bride: BARNARD KIMBERLY JEAN