News of Riverton, Lander and Fremont County, Wyoming, from the Ranger's award winning journalists.
May 14, 2013 - Staff
In Thursday's Ranger, the page one story "Art students bring home the blue" should have said Katie Collins received the 3-Dimensional Artistic Discovery award for sculptural pieces, and it will be shown at the Wyoming State Museum in Cheyenne. Her award was identified incorrectly in the original story.
A daughter was born to Janice Schlichting, of Cody, and Craig Schlichting, of Douglas, at 8:04 a.m. April 18, 2013, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. She weighed 7 pounds, 6 ounces.
A daughter was born to Kristin and Douglas Wallage, of Shoshoni, at 6:49 p.m. April 16, 2013, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. She weighed 6 pounds, 15 ounces.
Geraldine Gertrude "Gerry" Cliame, 80, died Wednesday, May 8. Services will be at 10 a.m. Thursday, May 16, at Trinity Lutheran Church.
John Fred Harvard, 69, of Cody, died Monday, May 6, at the West Park Hospital in Cody. A memorial service will be later this summer under the direction of Ballard Funeral Home.
Donna Hill, 78, of Riverton, died Tuesday, May 7, at her home. Per her request, cremation has taken place, and there will be no services.
William E. Marsh, 88, formerly of Riverton, died Saturday, May 11. There will be no services.
George McMackin, 71, of Riverton, died Friday, May 10, at his home after a battle with cancer. Funeral services were at 10 a.m. Saturday, May 18, at Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses, 170 Mountain View Drive. George Montz will conduct the service.
Blood Drive is at 8:30 a.m. at Teton Therapy, 820 W. Main St., Riverton. To schedule a time slot, call Jennifer at 857-7074.
Cow-Bell's Luncheon is 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the Fremont Center at the Fremont County Fairgrounds, 705 Fairgrounds Road, Riverton.
Business After Hours is 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. at Acuhealth Acupuncture, 15 Shrine Club Road, Lander.
Riverton Middle School Band Concert is 6:30 p.m. to 9 p.m. at the Robert A. Peck Arts Center Theater at Central Wyoming College, 2660 Peck Ave., Riverton.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office weekend reports through Tuesday morning:
- Ryan Beron, 24, of Dubois, was arrested for probation violation at about 9:45 a.m. Saturday in the 400 block of Mercantile Street in Dubois.
- Antonio Herman, 41, of Lander, was arrested for probation violation.
- Arthur Leon, 37, of Riverton, was arrested for driving under the influence at about 6:30 p.m. Friday in the 1600 block of North Smith Road.
- Cefus Wood, 23, of Shoshoni, was arrested for driving under the influence, no interlock device, driving under suspension and no insurance at about 11:10 p.m. Saturday in the 100 block of Oak Street in Shoshoni. According to initial reports, Wood was "flying down the road" in a large, two-door vehicle when he drove into a ditch and crashed behind Shoshoni's ambulance barn. The reporting party said the male driver appeared "very intoxicated" and was attempting to back the vehicle out of the ditch, but he was stuck. Further reports state Wood had just gotten into a family fight and was driving his boss's vehicle when he "missed the corner" in the road. Witnesses on scene said they could smell alcohol on Wood.
- Derek Smart, 21, of Riverton, was arrested for probation violation at about 1 p.m. Monday on Honor Farm Road.
In Riverton Police Department weekend reports through Tuesday morning:
- Eldon Antelope, 48, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication at about 10:40 a.m. Friday at the Fremont County Alcohol Crisis Center.
- Aloysius C'Hair, 42, of Arapahoe, and Roy Reigner, 45, of Riverton, each were arrested on a warrant for contempt of court at about 4:10 p.m. Friday in the 500 block of East Monroe Avenue.
- Thunder Sky LittleThunder, 22, of Riverton, was arrested for driving under the influence at about 7 p.m. Friday in the 12700 block of U.S. Highway 26 near Paradise Valley Road. With him was Reuben Behan, 27, of Riverton, who was arrested on a warrant for contempt of court and a warrant for failure to appear. Also present were Steven Monroe, 25, of Riverton, and Dwight Spoonhunter, 28, of Riverton, who both were arrested on warrant for contempt of court.
- Emmaline Yellowfox, 23, of Riverton, was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear at about 9:30 p.m. Friday at Riverton City Hall.
- Samuel Her Many Horses, 23, of Riverton, was arrested for driving under the influence just before 3 a.m. Saturday at Walmart.
- Dominic Arthur, 44, of Arapahoe, was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear just before 6 a.m. Saturday in the 900 block of East Sunset Drive.
- Daryl McLeod, 39, of Lander, was arrested for driving under the influence at about 6:15 p.m. Saturday in the 700 block of North Federal Boulevard.
- Lance Lajeuness, 42, of Riverton, was arrested for domestic violence assault just before 7 p.m. Saturday in the 2300 block of East Adams Avenue. Also arrested was Sharice Lajeunesse, 22, of Riverton, on two counts of interference with police.
- Steven Amos, 41, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication at about 10:40 p.m. Saturday in the 200 block of North Federal Boulevard.
- Terrance Anderson, 20, of Riverton, was arrested on two counts of resisting arrest at about 12:10 a.m. Sunday at Walmart.
•Q94;Amanda Luther, 25, of Riverton, was arrested for interference at about 6 p.m. Sunday in the 300 block of Heather Drive. With her was Chelsie Romero, 22, of Riverton, who also was arrested for interference with police.
- Jessie Bement, 42, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication and resisting arrest at about 8 p.m. Sunday in the 800 block of East Main Street.
- Cory Stone Brown, 24, of Riverton, was arrested on a probation hold at about 10 p.m. Sunday in the Riverton area.
- Delmar Barrett, 28, of Riverton, and Rori Swarthout, 27, of Riverton, each were arrested on a warrant for contempt of court at about 7:45 p.m. Monday in the 1300 block of Pinecrest Street.
- Grantor: BAKER ERIC, BAKER NICHOLE Legal: Sub/Mine: ACCOLA ADD LA Lot: 6 Block: 2 City: LANDER Grantee: KRAMER TIMOTHY JOHN, KRAMER NICOLA