News of Riverton, Lander and Fremont County, Wyoming, from the Ranger's award winning journalists.
Apr 2, 2013 - Staff
Jay Patrick Corbett, 37, of Gunnison, Colo., died Saturday, March 23, as a result of accidental drowning while he was enjoying a vacation in Hawaii. Memorial services will be at 11 a.m. Friday, April 5, in Riverton, at the REACH Foundation, 622 N. Eighth St. W., Riverton. Services will be at 5 p.m. Sunday, April 7, in Gunnison, Colo., at the Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses, 655 County Road 13, Gunnison, Colo.
Danielle "DeeDee" Harriette Hood, 49, of Shoshoni, died Sunday, March 31, at her home. No services are planned, and cremation has taken place.
Jerry W. Johnson, 82, of Riverton, died Saturday, March 30, at his home. Per his request, cremation has taken place and there will be no services. Arrangements are under the direction of Davis Funeral Home.
Rex L. Lindberg, 59, of Lander, died Sunday, March 31, at the Wyoming Life Resource Center. Cremation has taken place and a service will be held at a later date in Thermopolis. Arrangements are under the direction of Davis Funeral Home.
Patty (Pat) M. Petek died Tuesday, April 2, after a battle with leukemia. An open house remembrance will be 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, April 6, at the Petek home, 704 Burma Road, Riverton. People are welcome to come and share pictures and stories celebrating her life.
Ben Snyder Sr., 85, of Fort Washakie, died Saturday, March 30, in the hospital in Casper after a lengthy illness. Per his request, there will be no services.
Brucellosis Coordination Team Meeting is 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. in the Gannett Room at the Best Western Inn in Lander. Items on the agenda include the recent Brucellosis Program Review, State Veterinarian update, MOU with USDA/APHIS, animal traceability and computerizing brand and animal health records. The meeting is open to the public, and a public comment period is scheduled.
Veterans Assistance is 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Veterans Affairs Clinic, 2300 Rose Lane, Riverton. For more information or to schedule an appointment, call Lori McGee at 438-2101.
"Nourish: Food + Company" is at 7 p.m. at the Lander Library, 451 N. Second St., Lander. This movie is part of the Earth Day film series.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Thursday through Tuesday morning:
- Brandon Quinn, 23, of Riverton, was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear.
- Connie Brant, 54, of Dubois, was arrested for driving under the influence and driving a road way laned for traffic (failure to maintain her lane) at about 9:45 p.m. Monday in the 5300 block of U.S. Highway 26 in Dubois.
- Timothy Kenyon, 22, of Lander, was arrested for contempt of court.
- Rodeen Seminole, 45, of Fort Washakie, was arrested for driving under the influence and registration violation.
- Donald Witt, 51, of Riverton, was arrested on a warrant for probation revocation at about 9:30 a.m. Monday at the Fremont County Courthouse in Riverton.
In Riverton Police Department weekend reports through Tuesday morning:
- Dana Eagle, 36, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication at about 8:15 p.m. Friday in the 800 block of East Main Street.
- Zuriel Schooner, 26, of Riverton, was arrested on a Fremont County warrant at about 8:15 p.m. Friday in the 600 block of East Madison Avenue.
- Keina Duran, 27, of Arapahoe, was arrested on a municipal warrant at about 3:40 a.m. Saturday in the 800 block of North Federal Boulevard.
- Reed Paulsen, 20, of Riverton, was arrested for underage consumption of alcohol at about 9:35 p.m. Saturday in the 700 block of West Pershing Avenue.
- Anderson Antelope, 51, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication at about 10:40 p.m. Saturday in the 800 block of South Federal Boulevard.
- Charles Bracken, 35, of Riverton, was arrested on a Fremont County warrant at about 2:15 a.m. Sunday in the 500 block of North Federal Boulevard.
- Chauncey Friday, 46, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication at about 9 p.m. Sunday in the 500 block of North Sixth Street East.
- The following people were cited for misdemeanors when released with their promise to appear in court at a later date: An 18-year-old Riverton woman was cited for possession of a controlled substance (marijuana), and a 17-year-old man from Arapahoe was arrested for domestic violence assault and minor in possession with a blood-alcohol content of .23.
- Nelson Duran, 33, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication at about 12:50 p.m. Monday in the 800 block of East Main Street.
- Dominic FightingBear, 36, of Arapahoe, was arrested for public intoxication at about 3:30 p.m. Monday at the Fremont County Alcohol Crisis Center.
- Rupert Brown, 35, of Arapahoe, was arrested for public intoxication at about 4:35 p.m. Monday in the 900 block of East Roosevelt Avenue.