TodayMar 28, 2013 Staff
In Wednesday's Ranger, the page one story "Dubois boy's death called 'tragic accident'" should have said "County officials are investigating the Tuesday morning death of 6-year-old Lain Mathson of Dubois." Incorrect information was supplied to the newspaper.
In Wednesday's Ranger, the page seven story "United States soccer wins in Mexico for first time" should have said the U.S. men tied Mexico 0-0 on Tuesday, moving ahead of Mexico into third place in the World Cup qualifying standings.
Betty J. (Wall) Higgley, 86, died Monday, March 25, at Westward Heights Care Center in Lander. Viewing will be Monday, April 1, at Myers Funeral Home in Huntington, Ind. Private family services will be Tuesday, April 2. She will be buried with her husband at Memorial Lawn Cemetery in Wabash, Ind.
Lain Mathson, 6, of Dubois, died Tuesday, March 26, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. A viewing will be 9 a.m. to 10 a.m. Saturday, March 30, at the Wilderness Baptist Church. Services will be at 10 a.m. Saturday, March 30, at the Wilderness Baptist Church in Dubois. Arrangements are under the direction of Davis Funeral Home of Riverton.
12th Annual Wine, Whiskey and Craft Beer Festival is 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. at the Inn at Lander, 260 Grandview Drive. The proceeds will be donated to the Lander Community Center rebuild. Tickets are $30. For more information, call 332-4402, ext. 11.
Easter Powwow is at 7 p.m. at Great Plains Hall, Arapahoe. Grand Entry is at 7 p.m. A feast is at 1 p.m. For more information, contact Claudette C'Bearing at 840-4185.
Divorces granted in Fremont County District Court:
Alexis Knapp from Ernest Knapp. Wife granted primary custody of minor child. Wife's former name of Fournier restored.
Theodore A. May from Kristine M. May.
In Riverton Police Department reports Wednesday to Thursday morning:
- Henry Alberts, 31, of Arapahoe, was arrested for larceny, possession of a controlled substance, on a warrant for contempt of court and on a warrant for failure to appear at about 1:50 p.m. Wednesday in the 2300 block of East Adams Avenue.
- Jacob Bolte, 25, of Riverton, was arrested on a warrant for contempt of court at about 2:45 p.m. Wednesday in the 300 block of North Broadway Avenue.
- Brandon Gould, 20, of Riverton, was arrested for driving under the influence early Thursday.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Wednesday to Thursday morning:
- Peter Blackburn, 26, of Riverton, was arrested for domestic violence battery or simple assault at about 5:15 a.m. Thursday on Snowberry Lane in Riverton.
- Marian Gants, 60, of Boulder, was arrested for driving under the influence at about 8:15 p.m. Wednesday in the 9000 block of Wyoming Highway 789 near Hudson. According to initial reports, the truck Gants was driving was crossing both center lines when a passing motorist called in a REDDI report.
- Randy McMackin-Guinard, 39, of Riverton, was arrested on a warrant for bond violation at about 1 p.m. Wednesday at the Fremont County Courthouse in Riverton.
- Karen Selnes, 54, of Thermopolis, was arrested for driving under the influence at about 10:20 p.m. Wednesday in the 11400 block of Wyoming Highway 789 north of Riverton. According to initial reports, her vehicle was "all over the road" when a passing motorist called in a REDDI report.
- Grantor: WHITEHURST JERRY A, WHITEHURST CAROL A Legal: Sub/Mine: RIVERVIEW HEIGHTS 2ND ADD RI Lot: 76 City: RI... Grantee: PIPER MAX
- Groom: BROWN KEVIN PAUL Bride: PERRY CHRISTINE TUSHINA
- Groom: RAGAN MICHAEL DENNIS Bride: DONOVAN CYNTHIA SUZANNE SOMMER
- Groom: BLACK STERLING LOUIS SR Bride: TOPAUM KARI LYNN
- Groom: DOLOGAN IGOR NMN Bride: MORRIS VERONICA ELISECORRECTED BRIDE'S MIDDLE NAME