TodayMar 19, 2013 Staff
In Sunday's Ranger, the page A-5 story "Gun control next CWC 'Hot Topic'" should have said the gun control discussion at 11:30 a.m. Thursday, March 21 is at 11:30 a.m. in room 116 of the Intertribal Education and Community Center.
Erna Stephenson, 81, a Lander native and former District Clerk of Court, died on Thursday, March 14, 2013, at Westward Heights in Lander. Services are pending.
Leo Harrington, 83, of Riverton, died Sunday, March 17, 2013, at Help For Health Hospice Home. Services will be held 11 a.m. Thursday, March 21, 2013, at the Davis Funeral Home. Burial at Mountain View Cemetery will follow the service. Viewing will be held 9:30-11 a.m. Thursday at Davis Funeral Home.
James L Merrill, 75, of Lander, died on March 17, 2013, at the Lander Regional Hospital. Cremation has taken place. The family will receive friends 1-2 p.m. Thursday, March 21, 2013 at the United Baptist Church in Riverton. Memorial services will follow at 2 p.m. Services are under the direction of Davis Funeral Home.
Veterans Assistance is 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the High Country Senior Center, 504 Hays St., Dubois. For more information or to schedule an appointment, call Lori McGee at 438-2101.
WGFD Public Meeting is at 6 p.m. at Headwaters Arts and Conference Center, 20 Stalnaker St., Dubois. The meeting will address proposed big game and bird seasons.
Free Tax Help is 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. in room 157 in the main hall of Central Wyoming College, 2660 Peck Ave., Riverton. Former and current Central Wyoming College accounting and income tax students provide free help preparing 2012 taxes to taxpayers that cannot afford professional assistance. For more information, call 855-2149.
The Perks of Being a Wallflower movie will be shown at 7 p.m. at the Riverton Branch Library community room. During the movie, attendees can participate in "Three Perks of Being Me" and be entered to win $50 in movie bucks. Popcorn will be provided; people should bring their own drinks. For more information call the library at 856-3556.
Bookies Book Club is at 12:30 p.m. at the senior center, 205 S. 10th St., Lander.
Humanitarian Book Club is at 7 p.m. in the children's theater at the Lander Library, 200 Amoretti St., Lander. Discussion is limited to 20 participants. The group will discuss "An American Childhood" by Annie Dillard.
In Riverton Police Department weekend reports through Tuesday morning:
- Wayne Lange, 47, of Riverton, was arrested on a courtesy hold from probation and parole at about 9:50 a.m. Friday in the 600 block of East Madison Avenue.
- Richard Friday, 21, of Ethete, was arrested for contempt of court at about 7 p.m. Friday in the 1000 block of West Main Street.
- Kincaid Duran, 43, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication and trespassing at about 8:50 a.m. Saturday in the 600 block of South Federal Boulevard.
- Anderson Antelope, 51, of Lander, was arrested for public intoxication at about 11:10 a.m. Saturday at Riverton Memorial Hospital.
- Rosetta Hutchinson, 35, of Ethete, was arrested for public intoxication at about noon Saturday in the 800 block of East Main Street.
- Henry Tillman, 52, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication at about 1:40 p.m. Saturday in the 800 block of East Main Street.
- Dana Spang, 34, of St. Stephens, was arrested for contempt of court at about 4:40 p.m. Saturday in the 1700 block of West Sunset Drive. With her was Josephine Wallowingbull, 19, of Riverton, who was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear.
- Odell LittleShield, 23, of Riverton, was arrested for driving under the influence with a blood-alcohol content .13 at about 5:30 p.m. Saturday in the 900 block of North Eighth Street West.
- Camille Goodman, 30, of Arapahoe, was arrested for public indecency at about 9:10 p.m. Saturday at the Fremont County Alcohol Crisis Center.
- Robin Blind, 32, of Riverton, was arrested for shoplifting and public intoxication at about 10:45 p.m. Saturday in the 800 block of South Federal Boulevard.
- Michael Hall, 28, of Riverton, was arrested for probation violation at about 1 p.m. Saturday in the 100 block of South Seventh Street East.
- Chauncey Friday, 46, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication just after midnight Sunday.
- Brandon Laforme, 27, of Riverton, was arrested for driving under the influence at about 3:40 a.m. Sunday in the 2100 block of North Federal Boulevard.
- Leanna Poll, 31, of Riverton, was arrested for driving under the influence and possession of a controlled substance at about 10:45 p.m. Sunday in the 100 block of North Hill Street.
- Teesha LeClair, 20, of Riverton, was arrested for driving under the influence, minor in possession and driving under suspension at about 1:30 a.m. Monday in the 1700 block of Webbwood Drive.
- Isaac Sittingeagle, 26, of Lander, was arrested for possession of marijuana at about 2:30 p.m. Monday at Riverton High School.
- William Davis, 26, of Riverton, was arrested on a courtesy hold for probation and parole at about 4:20 p.m. Monday in the 600 block of East Madison Avenue.
- Patrick Duran, 24, of Riverton, was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear early Tuesday.
- Eight members of the Riverton Volunteer Fire Department responded at about 2 p.m. Friday to reports of a tree and brush fire in the 100 block of Gas Hills Road. Officials said the incident started as a controlled burn, which spread to cover about three-quarters of an acre of brush and grass. No structures were in danger according to reports, and no injuries were recorded.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office weekend reports through Tuesday morning:
- Ryan Beron, 24, of Dubois, was arrested on a warrant for bond revocation at about 7:30 p.m. Friday in the 700 block of Meckem Street in Dubois.
- James Crooks, 24, of Hudson, was arrested on a warrant for aggravated battery and battery at about 4:50 p.m. Saturday in the 400 block of South Main Street in Hudson. Officials said the arrest stemmed from an incident last Saturday when Crooks reportedly assaulted a 24-year-old man at 502 E. Main St. in Riverton.
- Samuel Friday, 30, of Arapahoe, was arrested on a warrant for contempt of court.
- Ralph Higinbotham, 26, of Lander, was arrested for pedestrian under the influence.
- Danny Mathes, 39, of Riverton, was arrested for probation violation at about 12:30 p.m. Friday on Snowberry Lane in Riverton.
- Lashelle Shakespeare, 18, of St. Stephens, was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear at about 12:50 p.m. Sunday in the 900 block of East Monroe Avenue.
- Sean Tidzump, 21, of Riverton, was arrested on a warrant for probation revocation at about 8:30 p.m. Friday in the 1400 block of West Park Avenue.
- Andrew Wempen, 27, of Laramie, was arrested for driving under the influence at about 10:25 p.m. Friday on Paradise Valley Road.
- Tuvita Shavehead, 35, of Ethete, was arrested for driving under the influence, property destruction, no insurance, and on a warrant for failure to appear at about 5:50 p.m. Monday on Gardens North Drive north of Riverton.
According to reports, she hit a fence in the area at about 4:30 p.m., then left the scene.