Mar 8, 2012 - StaffDeaths
Memorial services for Paul T. Montz, 92, of Riverton, are at 10 a.m. Saturday, March 10, at the Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses in Riverton. Mr. Montz died Friday, Feb. 24, 2012. Online condolences may be made at www.theDavisFuneral
Barbara Jean (Burns) Slafter died Monday, Feb. 27, 2012. A private memorial service will be in the summer.
Commission Districts Public Meeting is 6 p.m. at the Wyoming Indian High School tech center, 636 Blue Sky Highway, Ethete. Fremont County Clerk Julie Freese is conducting a series of public meetings to inform and gather comments on possible changes to commission districts.
Parent Group Sponsored Spaghetti Dinner/Silent Auction Fundraiser is 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. at Aspen Park Elementary, 1620 E. Sunset Drive, Riverton.
NFL District Speech Meet is at Riverton High School, 2001 W. Sunset Drive, Riverton.
Steer Wrestling Clinic is 3 p.m. to 8 p.m. at the Equine Center at Central Wyoming College, 2660 Peck Ave., Riverton.
Chamber Annual Banquet -- "Jewels of Today" is 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. at the Riverton Chamber of Commerce, 213 W. Main, Suite C, Riverton.
Lenton Fish Fry is 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. in Bosecke Hall at the Holy Rosary Church, 163 Leedy Drive, Lander. Menu includes a generous portion of fish, fries, cole slaw, dessert and a drink. Cost is $7 per person. Children 10 and under eat free.
To add an event to the community calendar, please e-mail the information to email@example.com and include "community calendar"R00;in the subject line.
Divorces granted in Fremont County District Court:
Denise Brennan from Sean J. Brennan. Wife's former name of Sage is restored.
Darton Shawn Brown from Kristen Kay Brown.
Shirley Rae Case from James Caleb Case. Joint custody of minor child.
George Steven Clabaugh from Toni Vee Clabaugh. Wife's former name of Brangham is restored.
In Riverton police reports from Wednesday to Thursday morning:
- Police responded to a call at 9:29 p.m. on Wednesday in the 500 block of South Broadway Avenue involving an intoxicated individual. Subsequently, Kincaid Duran, 42, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication.
In Fremont County Sheriff's reports from Tuesday to Thursday morning:
- Jose Arellano, 22, of Riverton, was arrested for simple assault.
- Duane Medicine, 21, of Riverton, was arrested for probation revocation.
- During the same time period, ambulance crews responded to 21 calls for service and firefighters were dispatched 13 times.
- Dubois Fremont County Search and Rescue mobilized Wednesday afternoon in the area of Barber Point for a reported snowmobile crash.
According to dispatch records, authorities received a call at 2:03 p.m. from someone at Togwatee Mountain Lodge reporting they received a phone call from a snowmobile rider requesting help.
Sheriff's Capt. Ryan Lee said the man, who is in his early 60s, was injured after crashing his machine into a tree. After being located, the man was taken out of the area via snowmobile to an awaiting ambulance.
Lee said as of Thursday morning the man's exact identity, residency and condition was unknown.
- Grantor: BETZ SHELLEY A Legal: Sub/Mine: LANDER ORIGINAL TOWN OF LA Lot: 3 Block: 31 C..., Sub/Mine: LANDER ORIGINAL TOWN OF LA Lot: 2 Block: 31 C..., Sub/Mine: PATTENS ADD LA Lot: 3 Block: 31 City: LANDER, ... Grantee: BETZ HILARIE A, BETZ HILLARIE A Notes: WITH AFFIDAVIT ATTACHED
- Grantor: GOULD JAYME LEE Grantee: REID JESSICA AMY
- Grantor: MILLER JESSE FRANK Grantee: WOODS TIFFNEY NICOLE
- Grantor: JOHNSTON WESLEY ALLEN Grantee: STOUT AUTUMN RAY
- Grantor: OLSON DALLAS LLOYD Grantee: VASSALLUZZO KAYLA MARIE
Get your copy of The Ranger online, every day! If you are a current print subscriber and want to also access dailyranger.com online (there is nothing more to purchase) including being able to download The Mining and Energy Edition, click here. Looking to start a new online subscription to dailyranger.com (even if it is for just one day)? Access our secure SSL encrypted server and start your subscription now by clicking here.