TodayFeb 1, 2013 Staff
In Thursday's page one story "Local lawmakers split on 'Hill bill'" the legislator representing Shoshoni should have been identified as Nathan Winters, R-Thermopolis.
A son was born to Shannon Marie and Storm Abeyta, of Riverton, at 1:02 p.m. Jan. 2, 2013, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. He weighed 10 pounds, 14 ounces.
A son was born to Amanda and Michael Adams, of Riverton, at 10:32 a.m. Dec. 18, 2012, at Lander Regional Hospital. He weighed 5 pounds, 10.3 ounces.
John Edison "Jack" Brodie died Wednesday, Jan. 30, at his home in Lander, surrounded by loving family members. A memorial service will be at 11 a.m. Monday, Feb. 4, in the Chapel of Mount Hope at Hudson's Funeral Home in Lander with military honors to follow.
Helen E. Rinker, 91, of Lander, died Wednesday, Jan. 30, at Lander Regional Hospital. Funeral services will be at 10 a.m. Monday, Feb. 4, at the First United Methodist Church in Buffalo with the Rev. Mark Calhoun of Lander and the Rev. KyeongSu Jung of Buffalo officiating. Visitation will be 1 p.m. to 9 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 3, and just before the services at the church. Burial will be in Willow Grove Cemetery with graveside services to follow the funeral.
Quiltfest, part of the Wild West Winter Carnival, is 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Fremont Center at the Fremont County Fairgrounds, 705 Fairgrounds Road, Riverton.
Stars of Tomorrow Audition is 5 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at Riverton Middle School, 840 Major Ave., Riverton.
Divorces granted in Fremont County District Court:
JoAnn Fonseca from Frank Fonseca. Wife's former name of Manning restored.
In Riverton Police Department reports Thursday to Friday morning:
- Michael Thomson, 52, of Riverton, was arrested on a courtesy hold at about 12:45 a.m. Thursday at Walmart.
- Michael Smith, 21, of Kinnear, was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear at about 2 a.m. Thursday in the 200 block of East Monroe Avenue.
- Edward Brown III, 29, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication at about 2:15 p.m. Thursday at the Fremont County Alcohol Crisis Center.
- Rachel Barrios, 23, of Arapahoe, was arrested for failure to appear at about 8:30 p.m. Thursday at Walmart.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Thursday to Friday morning:
- Quintan Rohde, 30, of Wheatland, was arrested for driving under the influence, no interlock and criminal trespass.
- Richard Helm, 59, of Lander, was arrested for a CAST violation.
- Steven Lindsey, 59, of Bonneville, was arrested for contempt of court at about 3 p.m. Thursday at the Fremont County Courthouse in Lander.
- Kenneth Daniels, 52, of Riverton, was arrested for simple assault.
- Terry Belden, 46, of Shoshoni, was arrested for driving under the influence.