Oct 7, 2012 - From staff reportsAdmission to "Shoshone Wild" is free of charge.
The Wyoming Wilderness Association is hosting free public showings of the just-released film "Shoshone Wild!", produced by Evergreen Productions and the Wyoming Wilderness Association.
The screening in Riverton is set for 6 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 10, in the Wind River Room at Central Wyoming College. The Wind River Room is room 116 of the Intertribal and Technical Center on campus.
"The Shoshone National Forest is home to some of the most spectacular wildlands in America. Join us as we explore these special places in this film dedicated to the intact wild lands of this forest," said Sara Domek of the wilderness association. "Through amazing footage of the landscape and its wildlife and personal interviews with spokespeople on the ground, 'Shoshone Wild!' shares an inspiring story of some of the last great wild places in the Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem which deserve wilderness protection."
The screening schedule:
- Monday, Oct. 8, 6 p.m, Moose, Director's Meeting Room-Craig Thomas Discovery & Visitor Center
- Tuesday, Oct. 9, 6 p.m, Pinedale, Lovatt Room-Sublette County Library
- Wednesday, Oct. 10: 6 p.m., Riverton, Wind River Room-Central Wyoming College
- Thursday, Oct. 11: 6 p.m., Cody, Grizzly Room-Park County Library
- Friday, Oct. 12: 7 p.m., Meeteetse, Meeteetse Chocolatier
- Saturday, Oct. 13: 6 p.m., Powell, Park County Library
- Tuesday, Oct. 16: 6 p.m., Thermopolis, Hot Springs County Library
- Wednesday, Oct. 17: 6 p.m., Sheridan, Sheridan County Library
- Sunday, Oct. 21: 2 p.m., Casper, Natrona Co
There is no admission charge for the screenings.
Get your copy of The Ranger online, every day! If you are a current print subscriber and want to also access dailyranger.com online (there is nothing more to purchase) including being able to download The Mining and Energy Edition, click here. Looking to start a new online subscription to dailyranger.com (even if it is for just one day)? Access our secure SSL encrypted server and start your subscription now by clicking here.