TodayAug 10, 2017 From staff reports
Kim A. Washburn, 58, of Riverton died Tuesday, Aug. 8, 2017, at Wind River Healthcare. A memorial service will be held at 10 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 19, 2017, at the Davis Funeral Home.
Friday, August 11
Wild for Wine! Enjoy an hour of complimentary wine and 0pen admission to exhibits 6-7 p.m. at the Big Horn Sheep Center in Dubois, plus a short educational film presentation on wild bighorn sheep. For more information call 455-3429.
Saturday, August 12
South Pass City hosts Flood and Hindle Mining Trail Walks at noon and Goings On About Town at 2 p.m. every Saturday in July and August.
Monday, August 14
A Kids Eclipse Camp includes educational science activities for grades 4-8 daily from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Thursday. Children in grades 6-8 can observe the night sky on a supervised overnight tent camping trip in Sinks Canyon. Call 349-2536 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
Information in this column is taken from official law enforcement reports. An arrest is a preliminary step in the legal process. It does not mean that a person has been found guilty of a crime. By law, persons who are arrested are innocent until proven guilty through due legal processes.
In Riverton Police Department reports Wednesday:
-A false reporting citation has been prepared Tricia Merta, 43, of Riverton, who called police at about 12:30 a.m. Wednesday from College Hill Drive to say she had been sexually assaulted, officials said. When police arrived to speak with her she said she hadn't made the call, according to reports. Officers said they returned to the police station and reviewed the tape of the call, confirming that it was her on the phone.
- Malania Buffalo, 40, of Riverton, was arrested at about 2:40 p.m. Wednesday in the 1000 block of North Federal Boulevard for possession of methamphetamine, felony child endangering and interference. Also arrested was Tyrone Lovejoy, 27, of Riverton, for possession of marijuana and felony child endangering. Police were responding to reports that two subjects were doing drugs in a vehicle parked at a business in the area. Officials contacted Buffalo and Lovejoy and determined the suspects had been doing drugs in front of two children who were also in the vehicle. While police were speaking with her, Buffalo tried to take items out of her pockets and put them in someone else's bag, according to reports. The third individual was in a nearby store, police said; the two children were placed in her custody.
- Mervin Black, 41, of Arapahoe, was arrested at about 4:10 p.m. Wednesday in the 800 block of East Main Street for public intoxication.
- Peter Blackburn, 30, of Arapahoe, was cited at about 5:10 p.m. Wednesday in the 600 block of West Adams Avenue for driving with a suspended license.
- David Ferris, 50, of Fort Washakie, was arrested at about 6:20 p.m. Wednesday in the 800 block of North Federal Boulevard for public intoxication. Felicia Ferris, 40, of Riverton, was arrested on a municipal warrant.
- Tom Logan, 34, of Riverton, was arrested at about 8:30 p.m. Wednesday in the 500 block of South Federal Bouelvard on a Fremont County warrant.
- Rosita Piper, 29, of Ethete, was arrested at about 9:40 p.m. Wednesday in the 600 block of South Federal Boulevard for intoxicated pedestrian on the roadway.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Wednesday:
-Deputies responded at about 10:35 a.m. Wednesday to reports of property destruction on Minter Lane in Riverton. The reporting party said someone stole a pocket knife and "stabbed" a seat in a van sometime this week.
- Deputies responded at about 3:25 p.m. Wednesday to reports of road rage on Burma Road north of Riverton. The reporting party said a male subject "slammed on his brakes and flipped (me) off."
- Deputies assisted ambulance crews that responded at about 4:45 p.m. Wednesday to reports that a 27-year-old woman had been bucked off of a horse on Morgan Road north of Riverton. Initial reports indicate she was bleeding from the head.
- Deputies assisted ambulance crews that responded at about 6 p.m. Wednesday to reports that a 54-year-old had been injured in a four-wheeler crash on U.S. Highway 26 near Dubois.
- David McDonald, 57, of Riverton, was arrested at about 11:20 p.m. Wednesday in the 600 block of West Main Street in Riverton for driving under the influence.
The Wyoming State Engineer's Office report on stream flows, reservoir levels and canal diversions in the Wind River Basin as of Tuesday are as listed in the first column. The readings for Wednesday are in the second column. Measurements are in cubic feet per second unless otherwise stated.
Wind River near Dubois 210 207
Wind River above Red Creek 1,060 1,030
Dinwoody Creek above Lakes 391 351
Bull Lake Creek above Bull Lake 590 581
Bull Lake Creek near Lenore 525 505
Wind River near Crowheart Epq Epq
Wind River near Kinnear 403 451
Wind River at Riverton -- --
Little Popo Agie River 101 121
Little Wind River near Riverton 615 703
Fivemile Creek near Shoshoni 349 362
Wind River below Boysen * *
- Grantor: COX SHERRIE R TRUSTEE, WILSON DOUGLAS J TRUSTEE, COX SHERRIE R TRUSTEE, ...Legal: Half: S Quarter: NW Section: 7 Township: 33N Range: 99W, Grantee: JONES WILLIAM TRUSTEE, JONES LISA A TRUSTEE, JONES WILLIAM REVOCABLE TRUST, ..., Rec Date: 07/03/2017
- Grantor: PERALTA PETER T, Legal: Quarter: SWNE Section: 31 Township: 5N Range: 4W , Half: W Quarter: SE Section: 31 Township: 5N Range: 4W , Section: 6 Township: 4N Range: 4W Lot: 2 , ..., Grantee: BAIN J LEVI, Rec Date: 07/03/2017I
- Grantor: CADMAN WAYNE L, CADMAN ELEANOR LYNNE, Legal: Sub/Mine: BRODIE ADD LA Lot: 1 Block: 2 City: LANDER, Grantee: LINK CHRISTOPHER , LINK BROOKE, Rec Date: 07/03/2017
- Grantor: DAVIS DEAN L, DAVIS CARRIE E, Legal: Sub/Mine: BUFFALO BUTTES SUB DU Lot: 25 City: DUBOIS, Grantee: HOSEY FREDERICK M, HOSEY KAREN D, Rec Date: 07/05/2017
-Q94;Grantor: ENGSTROM TREVOR K, ENGSTROM BECKY, Legal: Sub/Mine: VIRGINIA DALE 2ND ADD RI Lot: 12 Block: 3 Cit..., Grantee: BANG PERRY D, BANG PATRICIA J, Rec Date: 07/05/2017
- Grantor: BUZZARD SAMMI, Legal: Quarter: SWSE Section: 28 Township: 3N Range: 2E , Quarter: NWSE Section: 28 Township: 3N Range: 2E , Quarter: SESE Section: 28 Township: 3N Range: 2E Remark...,Grantee: MCNIVEN TRAVIS D, Notes: WITH EASEMENT, Rec Date: 07/05/2017
- Grantor: HARRISON DEE A, HARRISON DONNA J, Legal: Sub/Mine: NORTHPOINTE SUB RI Lot: 8 Block: 1 City: RIVE... Grantee: ARBAUGH JERRY D, ARBAUGH WANDA J, Rec Date: 07/05/2017
- Grantor: TUSING MATTHEW CODY, TUSING CYNTHIA HOPE, Legal: Sub/Mine: DABICH-BLACK 1ST ADD LA Lot: 3 Block: 3 City:..., Sub/Mine: DABICH-BLACK 1ST ADD LA Lot: 4 Block: 3 City:..., Grantee: WEBER ROBERT M , WEBER KOURTNEY J, Rec Date: 07/06/2017
- Grantor: PRAIRIE RENTALS LLC, Legal: Sub/Mine: EAST LOGAN PARK ADD RI Lot: 1 Block: 4 City: ... Grantee: BERGHORST MARVIN, Rec Date: 07/06/2017
- Grantor: MALLON WILLIAM J JR, MALLON GEORGETTE, Legal: Sub/Mine: BARRANCA VISTA SUB RI Lot: 4 Block: A City: R... Grantee: BERGHORST MARVIN, Rec Date: 07/06/2017
- Grantor: BJ STORAGE LLC, Legal: Sub/Mine: BACON ADD RI Lot: 7 Block: 1 City: RIVERTON, Grantee: AJG LLC, Rec Date: 07/06/2017
- Grantor: IRVINE EDNA , IRVINE EDNA C, Legal: Sub/Mine: RAINTREE ESTATES RI Lot: 5 Block: 2 City: RIVERTON, Grantee: IRVINE EDNA C TRUSTEE, IRVINE EDNA C LIVING TRUST, Rec Date: 07/07/2017
-Q94;Grantor: LUERS ALISANDRA K, Legal: Half: N Quarter: SW Section: 34 Township: 1N Range: 4E, Grantee: JOHNSON MARK E , JOHNSON PATRICIA E, Rec Date: 07/07/2017
- Grantor: FINLEY JOHN WILLIAM, FINLEY TONI L, Legal: Quarter: SW Section: 28 Township: 42N Range: 107W , Quarter: SE Section: 29 Township: 42N Range: 107W, Grantee: STARKS DANIEL J, STARKS CYNTHIA A, Rec Date: 07/07/2017
- Grantor: APODACA RAY C, APODACA CARLA K, Legal: Quarter: NENW Section: 26 Township: 1N Range: 4E, Grantee: DIVERSIFIED INVESTMENTS LLC, Rec Date: 07/07/2017
- Grantor: CHRISTENSEN DAMEIN A , CHRISTENSEN HEIDI K, Legal: Sub/Mine: OPEN VIEW SUB MI Lot: 5 City: MISCELLANEOUS, Grantee: ENGSTROM TREVOR, Rec Date: 07/07/2017
-Q94;Grantor: LATINIS FREDRIC JOHN TRUSTEE, LATINIS FREDRIC JOHN & SHIRLEY MAE REVOCABLE TRUST, LATINIS SHIRLEY MAE TRUSTEE, Legal: Sub/Mine: LANDER ORIGINAL TOWN OF LA Lot: 11 Block: 3 City: LANDER, Sub/Mine: LANDER ORIGINAL TOWN OF LA Lot: 12 Block: 3 City: LANDER, Grantee: ROSS SCOTT E, ROSS PAMELA K, Rec Date: 07/10/2017
- Grantor: MOLYNEUX DONN E, Legal: Quarter: SENW Section: 23 Township: 33N Range: 100W, Grantee: MOLYNEUX DONNE E REVOCABLE LIVING TRUST, Rec Date: 07/11/2017
- Grantor: MCSTAY KURTIS D, MCSTAY CURTIS D, Legal: Quarter: NESW Section: 33 Township: 42N Range: 107W, Grantee: GUSTAFSON W SCOTT, GUSTAFSON PUDENCE O, Rec Date: 07/11/2017