Jul 14, 2017 - From staff reportsCorrections
The July 12 page one story "Governor seeks fed flood aid for RVID emergency," and the June 13 page one story "Flood receding; RVID canal users have no water yet" both should have said flood waters cut through a section of the Riverton Valley Irrigation District canal June 12, leaving users without irrigation until repairs were completed June 29.
A daughter was born to Michaeleen Brown of Ethete and Rex Curry of Ethete at 4:54 a.m. July 12 at SageWest Health Care at Lander.
Phyllis Randall, 91, of Riverton, died Thursday, July 13, 2017, at the Help for Health Hospice Home. Per her wishes cremation has taken place. A celebration of life will be held at a later date.
Delthe McLeod, 60, passed away Tuesday, July 11, 2017, at the Wyoming Medical Center in Casper. An evening service and wake will be held at 6 p.m. Friday, July 14, at the family residence. Traditional Indian funeral services will be held at 10 a.m. Saturday, July 15, at the family residence, #48 Boulder Flats Spur Lane, with Ray Price officiating. Interment will be in the Sacajawea Cemetery.
Saturday, July 15
The Riverton Rendezvous balloon rally will start at 6 a.m. at the Central Wyoming College launch field Saturday and Sunday.
The Kiwanis Family Pancake breakfast will start at 6 a.m. Saturday and Sunday at the Central Wyoming College launch field.
The Sixth Annual Rugrat Carnival is 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. on the front lawn of Central Wyoming College in conjunction with the 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Rocky Mountain Rebels Car and Bike Show. The event will feature bounce houses and carnival games for children. Wristbands can be purchased at the event for all day access to the games and activities for $10 each. Food vendors will also be there to provide refreshments. Food is not included in the price of the wristband.
Hazardous Waste Disposal Day is 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Lander Landfill, 52 BeeBee Road. This annual event allows residents to clean out their basements, garages and barns with unwanted chemicals. Acceptable household hazardous waste includes aerosols, lithium batteries, and paint and chemicals include old oil and fuel, Freon, solvents, and pesticides. Have something you don't know what it is? Bring it to the event and it will be sampled. Do not bring prescriptions drugs, explosives, radioactive waste, friable asbestos and such. This is a free event for Fremont County residents.
The Heritage Center Museum activities and tours will be from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. at 1075 South Federal Boulevard.
Bar Ten is kicking off its summer concert series with a performance from Fort Collins blues artist Cary Morin. Tickets are available at Bar Ten and online at bartenwyo.com.
The Riverton Rendezvous balloon glow starts at 8:30 p.m. in the Central Wyoming College launch field.
The Riverton Rendezvous fireworks show will start at 10 p.m. on Airport Hill, north of Riverton.
Monday, July 17
Become a Young Earth Scientist! Weeklong classes for children aged 4-6 and 7-9 will be held at the Lander Children's Museum, located at 465 Lincoln Street. Call 332-1341 for more information.
The Lander-based Low Water String Band will be featured in the Hot Notes / Cool Nites Concerts in the Park in Lander at 7 pm. The Community Band will be performing a program called "Songs of Sailor and Sea."
Tuesday, July 18
Wyoming Connections Academy, a tuition-free virtual public school, will host free information sessions at 6:30 p.m. at the Holiday Inn Convention Center, 900 E. Sunset Drive in Riverton, for families interested in learning about its online program and individualized approach to education. The information session will provide families with an opportunity to meet with a Connections Academy teacher, thoroughly explore the school's program and curriculum, and learn about the enrollment process. Other topics covered include: how teachers interact with students in the virtual environment, personalized learning opportunities including options for accelerated learning and gifted programs, college preparation, socialization, the role of the parent or other Learning Coach, and the use of technology. For more information call (619) 533-7975.
The Wind River Gathering on Economic Development is 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. in the Cottonwood Room at the Wind River Hotel and Casino.The goal of the gathering is to start conversations about the economic needs of the Wind River Reservation, by highlighting economic issues affecting the reservation. The gathering is a time for members of the Wind River Reservation and Riverton communities to come together and discuss these topics, and work toward future solutions. Registration for the event is required and is free, and lunch will come provided with registration. Those wishing to register, or those wanting more information, should email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information in this column is taken from official law enforcement reports. An arrest is a preliminary step in the legal process. It does not mean that a person has been found guilty of a crime. By law, persons who are arrested are innocent until proven guilty through due legal processes.
In Riverton Police Department reports Thursday:
-Felix Walter, 32, of Riverton, was arrested at about 1:45 a.m. Thursday in the 1100 block of North Broadway for battery of a household member, three Fremont County warrants and one Hot Springs County warrant. Officials said injury to his female victim was minor, and she did not require medical treatment.
- Ezeekiel Osterkorn, 22, of Riverton, was arrested at about 10:40 a.m. Thursday in the 400 block of Birch Avenue for driving under the influence and a Fremont County warrant. He also was cited for no driver's license, no insurance and hit and run. Officials said he side-swiped a parked vehicle.
- Billy Lookingbill, 36, of Riverton, was arrested at about 3:10 p.m. Thursday in the 500 block of North Federal Boulevard on a Fremont County warrant.
- James Wheeler, 48, of Lander, was arrested at about 6 p.m. Thursday in the 800 block of East Main Street for public intoxication.
- A 45-year-old Ethete woman was cited at about 8:50 p.m. Thursday in the 1700 block of North Federal Boulevard for shoplifting. Reports state she took two pairs of sunglasses worth $20.
- Arlie Stark, 38, of Casper, was arrested at about 11:40 p.m. Thursday in the 200 block of South Federal Boulevard on a Riverton warrant.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Thursday:
-Delvin Austin, 19, of Riverton, was arrested at about 5:$0 p.m. Thursday in the 700 block of Vine Street in Riverton for domestic violence battery. The reporting party said her son attacked her husband. Austin is alleged to have used his fists to strike a male subject in the back of the head.
The Wyoming State Engineer's Office report on stream flows, reservoir levels and canal diversions in the Wind River Basin as of Wednesday are as listed in the first column. The readings for Thursday are in the second column. Measurements are in cubic feet per second unless otherwise stated.
Wind River near Dubois 547 513
Wind River above Red Creek 3,010 2,810
Dinwoody Creek above Lakes 946 832
Bull Lake Creek above Bull Lake 1,650 1,510
Bull Lake Creek near Lenore 1,060 1,140
Wind River near Crowheart 5,430 5,250
Wind River near Kinnear 1,990 1,910
Wind River at Riverton 1,960 1,950
Little Popo Agie River 280 258
Little Wind River near Riverton 2,820 2,660
Fivemile Creek near Shoshoni 342 333
Wind River below Boysen * *
- Grantor: WELLS ERIC A TRUSTEE , WELLS KAREN K TRUSTEE, WELLS ERIC A & KAREN K REVOCABLE LIVING TRUST, Legal: Sub/Mine: SWITZERLAND PARK 3RD ADD DU Lot: 3 Block: 15 ..., Sub/Mine: SWITZERLAND PARK 3RD ADD DU Lot: 4 Block: 15, Grantee: BILDERBACK CRAIG LEWIS, BILDERBACK HAILEY DENISE, Rec Date: 04/07/2017
- Grantor: BUXBAUM KENNETH J JR, BUXBAUM CHERRI L, Legal: Sub/Mine: SPENCER HOME SITE SUB RI City: RIVERTON, Grantee: BOURNE RICK L SR, Rec Date: 04/07/2017
- Grantor: BIAS MARLYS A TRUSTEE, BIAS MARLYS A LIVING TRUST, Legal: Sub/Mine: PLEASANT VIEW ADD RI Lot: 7 Block: 5 City: RIVERTON, Sub/Mine: PLEASANT VIEW ADD RI Lot: 8 Block: 5 City: RIVERTON, Grantee: KNUTH DARLA, Rec Date: 04/07/2017
- Grantor: STEWART LYNN G DBA, RAMSHORN FENCING & CONSTRUCTION, Legal: Quarter: NENW Section: 7 Township: 41n Range: 106w, Grantee: L P STEWART FAMILY LLC, Rec Date: 04/10/2017
- Grantor: R & S HOUCHENS & COMPANY, Legal: Sub/Mine: WEST VIEW PARK ADD #1 DU Lot: 83 City: DUBOIS, Sub/Mine: WEST VIEW PARK ADD #1 DU Lot: 84 City: DUBOIS, Grantee: HOUCHENS RICHARD D TRUSTEE, HOUCHENS SUSAN L TRUSTEE, HOUCHENS RICHARD D LIVING TRUST, Rec Date: 04/10/2017 03:14:01 PM
- Grantor: HOUCHENS RICHARD D TRUSTEE, HOUCHENS SUSAN L TRUSTEE, HOUCHENS RICHARD D LIVING TRUST, Legal: Sub/Mine: WEST VIEW PARK ADD #1 DU Lot: 83 City: DUBOIS, Sub/Mine: WEST VIEW PARK ADD #1 DU Lot: 84 City: DUBOIS, Grantee: HOUCHENS RICHARD D TRUSTEE, HOUCHENS SUSAN L TRUSTEE, HOUCHENS LIVING TRUST, Rec Date: 04/10/2017
- Grantor: MCDONALDS REAL ESTATE COMPANY, Legal: Sub/Mine: MCDONALD'S SUB RI Lot: 1 City: RIVERTON, Grantee: TRANSPORTATION COMMISSION OF WYOMING, Rec Date: 04/11/2017
Get your copy of The Ranger online, every day! If you are a current print subscriber and want to also access dailyranger.com online (there is nothing more to purchase) including being able to download The Mining and Energy Edition, click here. Looking to start a new online subscription to dailyranger.com (even if it is for just one day)? Access our secure SSL encrypted server and start your subscription now by clicking here.