TodayJul 13, 2017 From staff reports
Ed Murray of Riverton died Tuesday, July 11, 2017, at the Huntsman Cancer Center in Salt Lake City. Services are pending through Davis Funeral Home.
Mike Thornley, 47, of Riverton, died Wednesday, July 12, 2017, at the Huntsman Cancer Center in Salt Lake City. A memorial service will be at 2 p.m. Monday, July 17, 2017, at Davis Funeral Home.
Friday, July 14
The Lander Art Center at 214 Main Street hosts a free arts and science show entitled "...and then there was darkness: Great American Eclipse." Call 332-5772 for showtimes.
The Balloon Rally celebrity speaker will present at 5 p.m. at the Sundowner, as part of the 2017 Riverton Rendezvous.
The Rocky Mountain Car and Bike Auto Cross and Swap Meet will be from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Central Wyoming College south lawn July 14 and 15.
The Rocky Mountain Car and Bik Friday Night Cruise will be from 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. in downtown Riverton. The parade starts at 6 p.m.
Saturday, July 15
The Riverton Rendezvous balloon rally will start at 6 a.m. at the Central Wyoming College launch field Saturday and Sunday.
The Kiwanis Family Pancake breakfast will start at 6 a.m. Saturday and Sunday at the Central Wyoming College launch field.
The Sixth Annual Rugrat Carnival is 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. on the front lawn of Central Wyoming College in conjunction with the 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Rocky Mountain Rebels Car and Bike Show. The event will feature bounce houses and carnival games for children. Wristbands can be purchased at the event for all day access to the games and activities for $10 each. Food vendors will also be there to provide refreshments. Food is not included in the price of the wristband.
Hazardous Waste Disposal Day is 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Lander Landfill, 52 BeeBee Road. This annual event allows residents to clean out their basements, garages and barns with unwanted chemicals. Acceptable household hazardous waste includes aerosols, lithium batteries, and paint and chemicals include old oil and fuel, Freon, solvents, and pesticides. Have something you don't know what it is? Bring it to the event and it will be sampled. Do not bring prescriptions drugs, explosives, radioactive waste, friable asbestos and such. This is a free event for Fremont County residents.
The Heritage Center Museum activities and tours will be from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. at 1075 South Federal Boulevard.
Bar Ten is kicking off its summer concert series with a performance from Fort Collins blues artist Cary Morin. Tickets are available at Bar Ten and online at bartenwyo.com.
The Riverton Rendezvous balloon glow starts at 8:30 p.m. in the Central Wyoming College launch field.
The Riverton Rendezvous fireworks show will start at 10 p.m. on Airport Hill, north of Riverton.
Information in this column is taken from official law enforcement reports. An arrest is a preliminary step in the legal process. It does not mean that a person has been found guilty of a crime. By law, persons who are arrested are innocent until proven guilty through due legal processes.
In Riverton Police Department reports Wednesday:
-A 30-year-old Riverton man was cited at about 11:30 a.m. Wednesday in the 3000 block of College Hill Drive for possession of marijuana. Also cited was a 28-year-old Riverton woman for use of marijuana.
- A .38 caliber handgun was reported stolen at about noon Wednesday. The reporting party wasn't sure whether it had been taken from her vehicle, house, purse or some other location.
- A 16-year-old Riverton boy was cited at about 10:40 p.m. Wednesday in the 1000 block of East Main Street for no driver's license, expired registration and failure to maintain lane. Officials said he struck a parked vehicle, causing minor damage to the side view mirror.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Wednesday to Thursday morning:
-Nathan Dodge, 44, of Riverton, was arrested at about 4:30 p.m. Wednesday in the 10800 block of Wyoming Highway 789 north of Riverton on a Fremont County warrant for domestic violence battery.
- Connor Ward, 21, of Riverton, was arrested at about 1 a.m. Thursday in the 500 block of Main Street in Riverton for driving under the influence.
The Wyoming State Engineer's Office report on stream flows, reservoir levels and canal diversions in the Wind River Basin as of Tuesday are as listed in the first column. The readings for Wednesday are in the second column. Measurements are in cubic feet per second unless otherwise stated.
Wind River near Dubois 580 547
Wind River above Red Creek 3,200 3,010
Dinwoody Creek above Lakes 934 949
Bull Lake Creek above Bull Lake 1,670 1,650
Bull Lake Creek near Lenore 833 1,060
Wind River near Crowheart 5,320 5,430
Wind River near Kinnear 1,950 1,990
Wind River at Riverton 1,920 1,960
Little Popo Agie River 297 280
Little Wind River near Riverton 2,920 2,820
Fivemile Creek near Shoshoni 337 342
Wind River below Boysen * *
- Grantor: SULLIVAN STEPHEN OWEN, Grantee: DAVIDSON KELSI DIANA, Rec Date: 06/16/2017
- Grantor: CHILDERS GERALD GREGORY, Grantee: WADSWORTH KARI JO, Rec Date: 06/19/2017
- Grantor: HILDNER ZACHARY KYLE, Grantee: WEBB TRINITY RAE, Rec Date: 06/20/2017
- Grantor: BAILEY PAUL MICHAEL, Grantee: TATE MANDY SEAREAN, Rec Date: 06/20/2017
- Grantor: STEEN WILLOW BO, Grantee: BISH JAMES CODY III, Rec Date: 06/21/2017
- Grantor: MCLEAN DAVID ZACHARY, Grantee: MAY COURTNEY RAE, Rec Date: 06/22/2017
- Grantor: JAMIESON NICOLAS DONALD, Grantee: MITCHELL REBEKAH JORDAN, Rec Date: 06/22/2017
- Grantor: STAHLEY ROLAND ROY JR, Grantee: RAGSDALE RENAE VIRGINIA, Rec Date: 06/23/2017
- Grantor: SMITH MICHAEL TODD, Grantee: SCHNEIDER ANGELA ANN, Rec Date: 06/26/2017
- Grantor: MORTIMER BUDDY MONROE, Grantee: HANCOCK JONI LYNN, Rec Date: 06/26/2017
- Grantor: BROWN ISAAC THOMAS, Grantee: BELL SHARAE LAKISHA, Rec Date: 06/29/2017
- Grantor: THORUP ROBERT ROLAND, Grantee: STOIBER TRACY LYNN, Rec Date: 06/29/2017
- Grantor: BRAUNEIS MITCHELL JOE, Grantee: PEIL MEGHAN NOELLE , Rec Date: 06/29/2017
- Grantor: DUBBERLEY BRIDGET Y, Legal: Quarter: NESW Section: 18 Township: 33N Range: 99W , Sub/Mine: JACKSON PARK ADD LA Lot: 9 Block: 46 City: LA..., Sub/Mine: JACKSON PARK ADD LA Lot: 10 Block: 46 City: LANDER, Grantee: DOUGLAS DORIS C, Rec Date: 04/05/2017
- Grantor: LOUGH RAYMOND E , LOUGH DARLENE, Legal: Quarter: SWNW Section: 10 Township: 1N Range: 3E, Grantee: VAN VOAST ZACHARY M, Rec Date: 04/05/2017
- Grantor: POLSON TOD E, POLSON AIDA R, Legal: Sub/Mine: POLSON ESTATES MI Lot: 1 City: MISCELLANEOUS, Grantee: DUNLAVY BLAINE A, DUNLAVY JADE, Rec Date: 04/05/2017
- Grantor: MERRILL CHRISTOPHER, BILES REBECCA, Legal: Sub/Mine: POPO AGIE CONDOMINIUM NO 1 MI Lot: 3 Remarks, Grantee: DIERKING CATHY, VENTERS JERRY W, Rec Date: 04/05/2017
- Grantor: ARMSTRONG RANDALL B, Legal: Sub/Mine: LOGAN PARK 1ST ADD RI Lot: 12 Block: 3, Grantee: SWENSON DOUGLAS , SWENSON ANGELA, Rec Date: 04/06/2017
- Grantor: SWENSON DOUGLAS D, SWENSON ANGELA K, Legal: Sub/Mine: RIVERVIEW HEIGHTS 2ND ADD RI Lot: 53 City: RIVERTON, Grantee: PHALEN PAIGE, Rec Date: 04/06/2017
- Grantor: MASSON JEANINE R TRUSTEE, MASSON BERNARD V TRUSTEE, MASSON JEANINE R LIVING TRUST, Legal: Sub/Mine: WIND DRIFT ESTATES SUB MI Lot: 8, Grantee: VINCENT JOHN , VINCENT GRETCHEN, Rec Date: 04/06/2017
- Grantor: TRUMBLE DEANNA J, Legal: Quarter: NESE Section: 9 Township: 33N Range: 100W, Grantee: WESTON TERRILL R, WESTON BREANNE N, Rec Date: 04/06/2017 04:10:13 PM
- Grantor: JOHNSTOWN VALLEY FARMS LLC, Legal: Section: 25 Township: 2N Range: 1E Lot: 3 , Half: S Quarter: NE Section: 25 Township: 2N Range: 1E, Grantee: WOOD PATRICIA ANNE TRUSTEE, MORTENSON CADE IRREVOCABLE TRUST, Rec Date: 04/06/2017
- Grantor: FRUCIANO ANTHONY , FRUCIANO STEPHANIE, Legal: Quarter: SWNE Section: 23 Township: 3N Range: 1W, Grantee: SCADDEN TRAVIS D, SCADDEN CRYSTAL S, Rec Date: 04/06/2017
- Grantor: LEAMING THOMAS E, Legal: Sub/Mine: BURCHS 1ST ADD RI Lot: 6 Block: 2 City: RIVERTON, Grantee: DEFORD RYAN S, MURPHY ALYSIA, Rec Date: 04/06/2017
- Grantor: DAY WALTER W, DAY MAUREEN, Legal: Sub/Mine: CLIFF HILLS 1ST SUB RI Lot: 5 City: RIVERTON, Grantee: BROWN JOLENE, Rec Date: 04/07/2017
- Grantor: KRISE DAVID A TRUSTEE, KRISE DAVID A LIVING TRUST, Legal: Sub/Mine: PEBBLES CRICK SUB REPLAT LOTS 2,3 MI Lot: 2A ..., Grantee: STROM JUDSON C, STROM MICHELLE E, Rec Date: 04/07/2017 11:32:46 AM
- Grantor: FIFE CYLE , FIFE SUZY, FIFE KELLY, Legal: Sub/Mine: WARM SPRINGS MOUNTAIN 1ST ADD DU Lot: 8, Grantee: WHITE LANCE O, WHITE THERESA H, Rec Date: 04/07/2017
- Grantor: L M OLSON INC, Legal: Sub/Mine: SUNSET 3RD ADD LA Lot: 6 Block: 10 City: LANDER, Grantee: KIMSEY ANDREW G, KIMSEY LAURA DANYEL, Rec Date: 04/07/2017