Jun 16, 2017 - From staff reportsDeaths
John Tillman Bekken, 66, of Lander died on June 15, 2017, at the Wyoming Medical Center in Casper. A visitation will be held from 5-7:00 p.m. on June 21, at the Chapel of Mount Hope in Hudson's Funeral Home. Funeral services will be held at 10:00 a.m. on June 22, at the Lander Valley High School Auditorium located at 350 Baldwin Creek Road.
Saturday, June 17
The Wind River Visitors Council Hailey Stage Stop Adventure Trek, hosted by the Fremont County Pioneer Museum, is from 10 a.m. to noon at the Lander Pioneer Museum, located at 1443 West Main Street in Lander. This Adventure Trek takes visitors to the historic Hailey Stage Stop on Beaver Creek. Visitors should call the Pioneer Museum at 307-332-3339 to make reservations. Participants will meet at the Pioneer Museum before 10 a.m. and transportation will be provided. The trek is $6 and open to all ages.
The Riverton Museum's "Vignettes of Japanese Pioneers and their Descendants in Wyoming" begins at 3 p.m. at the Riverton Museum, located at 700 East Park Avenue. This installment of the Wyoming Community Bank Discovery Speaker's Series features Assistant Professor of Anthropology at Northwest Community College in Powell, Aura Newlin. Newlin is a fourth-generation Japanese Wyomingite and a member of the Board of Directors of Heart Mountain Wyoming Foundation and alumni of Riverton High School. This program is free and open to the public.
Hudson Daze Festival, Craft Fair and Car Show is from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m .at Gold Star Memorial Park on Main Street in Hudson. This year marks the fifth annual Hudson Daze, with old-fashioned western games, events, a car show, skate board demos, authentic barbeque and more. For more information, call 335-8125 or 240-0251 for more information.
Free laser therapy treatments for the pets of all veterans will be hosted by The Stock Doc from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. at the Veterans Hall at 611 East Main Street in Riverton. The treatments can help treat arthritis and joint pain in older animals or those with old or healing wounds. Large or small animals are welcome. While appointments are not necessary, a time slot can be scheduled by calling the Stock Doc at 856-7764.
The fifth annual Fatherhood powwow will be held beginning at noon with a feast and grand entry at 2 p.m. June 17 at the Fort Washakie Powwow grounds. A raffle and various other prizes will be awarded during the powwow, hosted by the Fatherhood/Motherhood is Sacred program, Red Feather Eagle Vocational Rehabilitation program and Eastern Shoshone Tribe.
Information in this column is taken from official law enforcement reports. An arrest is a preliminary step in the legal process. It does not mean that a person has been found guilty of a crime. By law, persons who are arrested are innocent until proven guilty through due legal processes.
In Riverton Police Department reports Wednesday through Thursday:
-William Topaum, 39, of Riverton was arrested at about 2:13 a.m. Wednesday in the 300 block of Spire Drive for public intoxication.
- A 43-year-old Riverton man was cited for property destruction at about 8:14 a.m. Wednesday in the 200 block of Railway Plaza. Police reported that the male broke a window of an apartment building after a verbal argument and left the scene. He was later located. No injuries were reported.
- Police served a warrant to a 51-year-old male from Riverton at about 11:59 a.m. Wednesday at the 800 block of North Federal Boulevard.
- A trespassing citation was issued to a 52-year-old Kinnear man at about 12:58 p.m. Wednesday in the 800 block of North Federal Boulevard. The police report states the male was "causing a ruckus" inside a business so store employees called law enforcement.
- Police responded to a report of a shoplifting incident at about 4:23 p.m. Wednesday at the 700 block of North Federal Boulevard.
- Police responded to an animal bite at about 5:21 p.m. Wednesday on Watt Court after a report was received indicating a child was bit after he attempted to pick up what appeared to him as an injured prairie dog. The child was released to his grandmother and officers took custody of the prairie dog.
- Police responded to a verbal argument at about 5:54 p.m. Wednesday at the 800 block of Mary Anne Drive. No charges were filed.
- Police responded to a suspicous person report at about 6:57 p.m. Wednesday in the 1200 block of East Pershing Avenue on a report that a male individual was "spreading the word of God."
- A 48-year-old Arapahoe man was served a municipal warrant at about 7:35 p.m. Wednesday at the 800 block of East Main Street.
- A 16-year-old male was cited for not having vehicle insurance at about 8:30 p.m. Wednesday at the intersection of Smith Road and East Park Avenue. The individual was also reported to be "spinning cookies" in a parking lot and an officer observed the incident.
- Damon Coando, 35, of Lander was arrested at about 2:39 a.m. Thursday in the 800 block of East Monroe Avenue on an outstanding municipal contempt of court warrant.
- Police responded to a shoplifting incident at about 9:06 a.m. Thursday at the 700 block of North Federal Boulevard for reportedly stealing packages of meat. Officers have requested video surveillance while the theft is under investigation.
- Gabriel Moss, 45, of Riverton, was arrested for resisting arrest at about 11:18 a.m. Thursday at the 200 block of South Federal Boulevard. The arrest was made after the male was found to have violated his probation and provided a false name.
- Johnetta Seminole, 51, of Riverton was arrested on an outstanding failure to appear warrant at about 11:45 a.m. Thursday at the 200 block of North Federal Boulevard.
- Lynnard Immenschuh, 23, of Riverton, was arrested on an outstanding Johnson County warrant at about 1:09 p.m. Thursday at the 400 block of West Washington Avenue.
- James Bias, 53, of St. Stephen's was arrested for driving while under the influence at about 2:48 p.m. Thursday near South Federal Boulevard and Fairground Road.
- Lindsey Friday, 32, of Riverton was arrested for an outstanding Albany County warrant at about 3:22 p.m. Thursday in the 500 block of South Third Street East.
- Doreen Addison, 51, of St. Stephen's was arrested on an outstanding Natrona County warrant at about 4:11 p.m. Thursday in the 1000 block of South Federal Boulevard.
- Derek Smart, 26, of Riverton was arrested on an outstanding warrant at about 5:12 p.m. Thursday at the 400 block of West Adams Avenue.
- William Topaum, 39, of Riverton was arrested for violation of a protection order and resisting arrest at about 10:14 p.m. Thursday at the 300 block of Spire Drive.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Thursday:
-Shado Blackburn, 21, of Fort Washakie was arrested on a failure to appear warrant at about 6:31 p.m. Thursday in the 1000 block of Bishop Randall Drive in Lander.
- Grey Burnett, 20, of Fort Washakie was arrested on a failure to appear warrant, domestic battery and no valid driver's license at about 12:16 p.m. Thursday at the 100 block of North Second Street and Main Street in Lander.
- Rosendo Mendoza, 22, of Ethete was arrested for driving while under the influence, careless driving and no valid driver's license at about 1:24 p.m. Thursday on Louis Lake Road in Lander.
- Officers responded to a vicious animal call at about 6:24 p.m. Thursday in the 500 block of Cherry Street in Riverton on a report that a neighbor's dog was chasing children. The owner was warned.
- Grantor: SECRETARY OF HOUSING & URBAN DEVELOPMENT, Legal: Sub/Mine: VILLAGE AT RIVERBEND #3 RI Lot: 12 Block: 1, Grantee: VREDENBURG SHEREE K., Rec Date: 01/25/2017
- Grantor: YEATES TALON , YEATES BRITTANY M, Legal: Sub/Mine: SACAJAWEA MEADOWS MI Lot: 15 City: MISC, Grantee: GREEN JOSHUA D, VASCO ENEDINA A
- Grantor: HOWINGTON DWAIN JR, HOWINGTON KAREN, Legal: Sub/Mine: LOST WELLS BUTTE FILING #1 REPLAT MI Lot: 27b, Grantee: HILL HEITH, HILL SHALAINA
- Grantor: POWELL TYREL, POWELL MEGAN, Legal: Sub/Mine: MEADOW VIEW ESTATES SUB MI Lot: 11 City: MISC, Grantee: 97 DEL RAY DRIVE LLC
- Grantor: FANNIE MAE A/K/A FEDERAL NATIONAL MORTGAGE ASSOCIATION, Legal: Sub/Mine: RIVERVIEW TERRACE SUB RI Lot: 2 Block: 2 City RIVERTON, Grantee: WILSON DEREK
- Grantor: FRANCIS WILLIAM HAROLD, Legal: Sub/Mine: NORTH HEIGHTS ADD DU Lot: 12 Block: 21 City:,
Grantee: FRANCIS CANDICE ANN, AMES DEBORAH FRANCIS, Notes: WITH EASEMENTS
- Grantor: DAVIS ROBERT D , DAVIS BOBBIE J, Legal: Quarter: SESW Section: 15 Township: 3N Range: 3E , Quarter: SWSW Section: 15 Township: 3N Range: 3E, Grantee: MADDOCK DOUGLAS W , MADDOCK STACEY L
- Grantor: DOOLEY PRESTON DENNIS, DOOLEY THEIL H, Legal: Quarter: NE Section: 17 Township: 2n Range: 2e
Grantee: CADWALLADER DARRYL, CADWALLADER BRENDA J
- Grantor: MARPLE WILLIAM PERRY II, MARPLE ANITA SUZANNE, Legal: Sub/Mine: SUNSET 3RD ADD LA Lot: 9 Block: 9 City: LANDER, Grantee: TEP SOPHAL, TEP PAULINA
- Grantor: SHUGART RICHARD, SHUGART SARAH K, BLACK SARAH K, Legal: Sub/Mine: COLLEGE HILL DEVELOPMENT REPLAT BLKS 1,3,6,7 R, Grantee: BERGHORST MARVIN
- Grantor: RAE JACOB L, RAE BRITANY, Legal: Sub/Mine: COLLEGE HILL DEVELOPMENT REPLAT BLKS 1,3,6,7 R, Grantee: BERGHORST MARVIN
- Grantor: NICHOLAS W J , NICHOLAS ALICE H , NICHOLAS ALICE M, Legal: Sub/Mine: LANDER MOUNTAIN ROAD 2ND FILING LA Lot: 5 Rem, Grantee: HOMESTEAD MEADOWS COMPANY, SCHMELTZER JOHN TRUSTEE, BILLS HAL D TRUSTEE, Notes: TRACT 5
- Grantor: FEDERAL HOME LOAN MORGAGE CORPORATION, Legal: Quarter: NENW Section: 17 Township: 41n Range: 106w, Grantee: LESEBERG RODGER N
ª Grantor: MCCOY BONNIE G, Legal: Sub/Mine: RIVERTON ORIGINAL TOWN OF RI Lot: 11 Block: 37..., Sub/Mine: RIVERTON ORIGINAL TOWN OF RI Lot: 12 Block: 37, Grantee: SILVERS MAXINA
Get your copy of The Ranger online, every day! If you are a current print subscriber and want to also access dailyranger.com online (there is nothing more to purchase) including being able to download The Mining and Energy Edition, click here. Looking to start a new online subscription to dailyranger.com (even if it is for just one day)? Access our secure SSL encrypted server and start your subscription now by clicking here.