May 17, 2017 - From staff reportsBirths
A daughter was born to Tasha Reeves of Lander and Brandon Reeves of Lander at 4:28 p.m. May 15 at SageWest HealthCare at Lander. The baby weighed 8 pounds, 4 ounces.
Raymond "Ray" Poffenroth, 82, of Riverton, died at the Help for Health Hospice Home on Tuesday, May 16, 2017. A funeral service will be held at 10 a.m. Saturday, May 20, 2017, at Trinity Lutheran Church with interment to follow at Mountain View Cemetery.
Marla Moore, 49, of Lander, passed away May 13, 2017, at the Wyoming Life Resource Center. A memorial service will be held at 2 p.m. Wednesday, May 17, at the Wyoming Life Resource Center Chapel.
David Gasson Haukaas, 30, passed on May 12,2017 in Billings, Montana. A wake will be held at his residence in Billings, Montana, at 4 p.m. Tuesday, May 19. Funeral services will be held Wednesday, May 20, at FOE. Cremation will follow the services.
Thursday, May 18
Riverton Business After Hours is from 5-7 p.m. at Hampton Inn and Suites, located at 2500 North Federal Boulevard. The event is hosted by the Riverton Chamber of Commerce. The next Business After Hours event will be June 15 at the Wind River Mercantile. Everyone is welcome.
The Lander Library's Strong Women Film series concludes with Queen of Katwe from 6-8 p.m. at the library, located at 451 N 2nd Street in Lander. '
The Bighorn Restoration Group's quarterly meeting will celebrate the return of bighorn sheep to the Lander area. Learn what's going on with bighorn sheep recovery in the canyons and mountains near Lander during the meeting at 6:30 p.m. at the Lander Public Library. Refreshments will be served and door prizes will be awarded.
Friday, May 19
Burls and Bark Art Show opening night reception is from 6-8 p.m. at the Lander Art Center, located at 224 Main Street in Lander. The exhibition of fine woodworking will be on display through July 8. Admission is free. For more information, call the art center at 332-5772.
The Wyoming Outdoor Weekend will kick off with 450 pre-registered third- through eighth-grade students learning about science and recreating in the outdoors. Doors open to the public 3-8 p.m. at the Lander Community Center, where there will be local vendors and hands-on activities to explore. From 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. there will be a a free happy hour featuring Wyoming brews from Fremont Distributing, free food by The Mule Deer Foundation, and music by Just Fiddlin'Around. For more information visit wyomingoutdoorweekend.com.
Saturday, May 20
Fremont County 4-H annual open golf tournament is at 11:30 a.m. at the Riverton Country Club, located at 4275 Country Club Road in Riverton. Proceeds benefit Fremont County 4-H youth. Check in begins at 11:30 a.m. with the shotgun start at 1 p.m. at the Country Club.
Beginning Photography is from 9 a.m. to noon at the Dubois Museum, located at 909 West Ramshorn in Dubois. This installation of the Wyoming Community Bank Discovery Speakers Series program by Ellen Jungck will present the elements of photography and help aspiring photographers understand the concepts of photography. This program is free and open to the public. For more information, call the museum at 455-2284.
The Shoshoni Cemetery Adventure Trek is from 9:30 a.m. to noon, beginning at the Riverton Museum, located at 700 East Park Avenue in Riverton. All museum adventure treks are $6 and transportation will be provided to the Shoshoni Cemetery, where participants will learn about the people who helped build the town. For more information, call 856-2665.
The Wyoming Outdoor Weekend continues 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Central Wyoming College Sinks Canyon Field Station. Shuttle buses will be running from the Community Center to the Field Station all day. Trout Unlimited, Meridian Trust Federal Credit Union and The Lander Valley Wetland Preserve will host a free WOW appreciation BBQ starting at 6 p.m. at Jaycee Park. Raffle drawings will be conducted at 7 p.m. during the appreciation BBQ. For more information visit wyomingoutdoorweekend.com.
Information in this column is taken from official law enforcement reports. An arrest is a preliminary step in the legal process. It does not mean that a person has been found guilty of a crime. By law, persons who are arrested are innocent until proven guilty through due legal processes.
In Riverton Police Department reports Tuesday:
-Two people were arrested at about 9:45 a.m. Tuesday in the 700 block of North Federal Boulevard: Erika Antelope, 26, of Riverton, on an outstanding Riverton municipal warrant for contempt of court; and Lauren Caesar, 28, of Lander, on an outstanding Riverton municipal warrant for failure to pay fines. Caesar also was arrested for shoplifting after she reportedly tried to steal a $14 tray of chicken from a store in the area.
- Terry Regan, 53, of Riverton, was arrested at about 11:30 a.m. Tuesday in the 700 block of South Federal Boulevard on an outstanding Fremont County contempt of court warrant.
- Two people were arrested at about 1:15 p.m. Tuesday in the 600 block of South Third Street West: Alfonso Roman, 28, of Riverton, on a probation and parole warrant, for possession of a controlled substance (meth), and for resisting arrest; and Matthew Thunder, 25, of Riverton, for resisting. Officials were responding to reports that a chainsaw had been stolen.
- Herbert Wheeler, 30, of Lander, was arrested at about 3:15 p.m. Tuesday in the 700 block of North Federal Boulevard for shoplifting. Reports state he tried to steal a bottle of mouthwash valued at $4 from a store in the area.
- Police responded at about 4:15 p.m. Tuesday to reports that a 43-year-old Riverton woman had driven her white 2016 Acadia into a utility box in the 1100 block of West Park Avenue.
- Arika Scott Worth, 24, of Riverton, was arrested at about 7 p.m. Tuesday in the 400 block of West Adams Avenue on an arrest and hold warrant for probation and parole.
- Two people were arrested at about 7:45 p.m. Tuesday in the 500 block of East Pershing Avenue: Michael Iron, 57, of Ethete, for intoxicated pedestrian and resisting; and Joseph Medicinetop, 50, of Riverton, for intoxicated pedestrian. Officials said Iron had not had enough money to pay for a bottle of mouthwash at a store in the area. Police found him sitting on a bench nearby, and when officers made contact with him they said he became verbally abusive. When officers decided to arrest him for public intoxication, he reportedly "balled up his fist, took a fighting stance and aggressively came toward" the police, who had to "struggle with him a bit to get him in handcuffs." No injuries were reported, but Medicinetop was taken to the local hospital due to his high level of intoxication.
- Stephanie Piper, 31, of Riverton, was arrested at about 8:40 p.m. Tuesday in the 300 block of South 10th Street East on a Fremont County probation revocation warrant.
- Benjamin Piper, 51, of Riverton, was arrested at about 9:40 p.m. Tuesday in the 200 block of North Federal Boulevard for public intoxication. Reports state he was "passed out" in a booth at a restaurant in the area.
- Adelia Jenkins, 28, of Riverton, was arrested at about 11:50 p.m. Tuesday in the 1100 block of East Washington Avenue for criminal entry. Reports state the resident of a home in the area had fallen asleep on her couch and had woken up to find Jenkins sitting on the couch with her. Officials said Jenkins had entered the home through an unlocked door and was intoxicated.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Tuesday:
-Rosalynn McCabe, 33, of Arapahoe, was arrested at about 9 p.m. Tuesday in the 200 block of Delfelder Road near Riverton on a Fremont County warrant for failure to appear. Initial reports indicate a woman had knocked on a door in the area "looking for someone" then "took off running up the road." She was described as "highly intoxicated."
- Troy Slinkard, 55, of Riverton, was arrested at about 9:45 p.m. Tuesday in the 300 block of Delfelder Road near Riverton for driving under the influence.
- Brandon Conard, 31, of Powell, was arrested on a Fremont County warrant for failure to appear.
- Jeffrey Darnall, 36, of Riverton, was arrested for domestic violence battery.
- Katie Eagleroad, 35, of Riverton, was arrested for driving under the influence.
- Sherri Grunwald, 53, of Casper, was arrested on a Fremont County warrant for probation revocation.
Get your copy of The Ranger online, every day! If you are a current print subscriber and want to also access dailyranger.com online (there is nothing more to purchase) including being able to download The Mining and Energy Edition, click here. Looking to start a new online subscription to dailyranger.com (even if it is for just one day)? Access our secure SSL encrypted server and start your subscription now by clicking here.