The way it was: Pioneer Association cabin - 1933Feb 12, 2017 From Ranger files
Members of the Lander-based Fremont County Pioneer Association, founded in 1886, opted to build their own structure through a vote taken in 1908.
With membership num-
bering more than 300 families at the time, the association voted to build a cabin along the lines of those used by settlers a generation before.
The group in 1909 was able to acquire property being held by Fremont County for back taxes. Fundraising for the project was slow, however, and the cabin wasn't completed until 1915.
By 1933, the porch had been added, along with living quarters for a caretaker.
For many years the cabin housed the Fremont County Pioneer Museum. Moved to the current site of the Museum of the American West at 1445 Main, the cabin was restored in time for its centennial in 2015.