Jun 28, 2012 - StaffCorrection
In Friday's Ranger, the page one story "Applicant field set for school board vacancy in Riverton" should have said Ted Ray works for Devon Energy.
Clarence J. Fowkes, 92, of Dubois, died Wednesday, June 27. Services will be at a later date. Online condolences may be posted at www.theDavisFuneralHome.com.
Lander native Daniel Good, 46, of Midvale, Utah, died Thursday, June 21. A memorial service was Monday, June 25, at Holy Rosary Catholic Church in Lander.
Former Lander businessman Neil J. Guymon, 68, died Friday, June 22, in Mesquite, Nev. Funeral services were Tuesday, June 26, at Hudson's Funeral Home of Lander.
Shirley Miller, of Fremont County, died Tuesday, June 26. Services will be at a later date. Online condolences may be posted at www.theDavisFuneralHome.com.
Brunton Garage Sale is 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Fremont County Fairgrounds, Fremont Center (old Armory Building), 705 Fairgrounds Road, Riverton. Discontinued items and photo and writer samples will be for sale. For more information, call 857-4705.
FCVHS Class of 1962 Celebration Brunch is at 10 a.m. at the Lander Community Center, Lander. The reunion will be in conjunction with the FCVHS/LVHS Alumni Association annual reunion. Cocktails and class pictures are at 5:30 p.m. at the Lander Community Center. Banquet is at 7 p.m. at the Lander Community Center. Picnic is at 12:30 p.m. at the Museum of the American West Village, 1445 Main St., Lander.
Third Annual Lander Days, sponsored by the Lander Downtown Merchants Association, is 4 p.m. to 10 p.m. in the 200 and 400 blocks of Main Street, Lander. Event includes music, drinks and entertainment.
To add an event to the community calendar, please e-mail the information to firstname.lastname@example.org and include "community calendar"R00;in the subject line.
In Riverton police reports from Wednesday to Thursday morning:
- Eva Carleton, 38, of Riverton, was arrested for child endangerment.
- Dominic Arthur, 43, of Riverton, was arrested for a warrant (failure to appear).
- Justin Stele, 24, of Riverton, was arrested for warrants (failure to appear).
- Noama BigLake, 19, of Riverton, was arrested for possession of marijuana.
- Judy Cole, 56, of Shoshoni, was arrested for driving under the influence.
- Riverton police Capt. Eric Murphy said a 19-year-old woman was arrested in connection with several recent burglaries. He said the Fremont County Sheriff's Office has also been involved in the investigation. He declined to release the suspect's name, as well as the details surrounding the crimes, pending a full investigation. He expects to release more information about the case Friday.
In Fremont County Sheriff's reports from Wednesday to Thursday morning:
- Joshua Nelson, 24, of Riverton, was arrested for an Oklahoma state warrant.
- During the same time period, ambulance crews responded to 13 calls and firefighters were dispatched once.
The Wyoming State Engineer's Office report on stream flows, reservoir levels and canal diversions in the Wind River Basin as of Wednesday, June 27, are as listed in the first column. The readings for Tuesday, June 26, are in the second column. Measurements are in cubic feet per second unless otherwise stated.
Wind River near Dubois 319 342
Dinwoody Creek above Lakes, Near Burris 408 577
Bull Lake Creek above Bull Lake 960 947
Bull Lake Creek near Lenore 754 596
Wind River near Crowheart 3,020 2,770
Wind River near Kinnear 1,500 1,270
Wind River at Riverton 1,020 841
Little Popo Agie River near Lander 73 74
Little Wind River near Riverton 296 299
Wind River above Boysen Reservoir 1,160 1,010
Fivemile Creek near Shoshoni 239 253
Wind River below Boysen Reservoir 1,320 1,300
Get your copy of The Ranger online, every day! If you are a current print subscriber and want to also access dailyranger.com online (there is nothing more to purchase) including being able to download The Mining and Energy Edition, click here. Looking to start a new online subscription to dailyranger.com (even if it is for just one day)? Access our secure SSL encrypted server and start your subscription now by clicking here.