Jun 26, 2012 - StaffDeaths
Catherine C. Loneman, 79, of the Wind River Indian Reservation, died Friday, June 22, at the Lander Regional Hospital. Funeral services are at 2 p.m. Wednesday, June 27, at Blue Sky Hall at Ethete. Interment is in the Friday Cemetery. A rosary and wake are at 7 p.m. Tuesday, June 26, at the family residence at No. 489 Ethete Road.
America's Favorite Shrine Circus Kiddie Parade is at 10 a.m. from the Elks Lodge parking lot to Fifth Street, Riverton. All children 11 years and younger are invited to participate.
Wyoming Veterans Commission Community Outreach is 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Riverton Veterans Affairs Clinic, 2300 Rose Lane, Riverton. Veterans or family members who have questions about eligibility or need assistance in filing claims, obtaining benefits, training and education or medical treatment, are encouraged to attend.
Children's Movie and Popcorn is at 10:30 a.m. at the Riverton Branch Library, 1330 W. Park Ave.
Kids Bike Safety Rodeo is at 10:30 a.m. at the Fremont County Library, 200 Amoretti St., Lander. Event is free.
Riverton Branch Library's 20th Anniversary Open House is 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. at the Riverton Branch Library, 1330 W. Park Ave.
America's Favorite Shrine Circus, sponsored by the Lander Shrine Club and Fremont County Shrine Club, is at 2 p.m. at the Fremont County Fairgrounds Arena, 705 Fairgrounds Road, Riverton. Tickets are $5.
Movement in Sports Clinic is at 6:30 p.m. at the Fremont County Library, 200 Amoretti St., Lander. Clinic is open to the public and taught by Dr. Dean Lehmkuhler of Lander Valley Chiropractic.
Eagle Spirit Dancers is at 7 p.m. at the Museum of the American West, 1445 Main St., Lander.
America's Favorite Shrine Circus, sponsored by the Lander Shrine Club and Fremont County Shrine Club, is at 7:30 p.m. at the Fremont County Fairgrounds Arena, 705 Fairgrounds Road, Riverton. Tickets are $5.
Dream Big Storytime is at 10:30 a.m. in the Lander Library's children's area, 200 Amoretti St., Lander. Event is for children ages 0 to 4.
Rocky Mountain Soapstone Industry and High Altitude Archaeology is at 7 p.m. in the Dennison Lodge in the Dubois Museum complex, 909 W. Ramshorn St., Dubois. This program is free. For more information, call 455-2284 or visit www.duboismuseum.org.
To add an event to the community calendar, please e-mail the information to email@example.com and include "community calendar"R00;in the subject line.
In Riverton police reports from Friday to Tuesday morning:
- Raymond C'Hair, 25, of Riverton, was arrested for warrants (failure to appear) and possession of marijuana.
Tishea Williamson, 18, of Riverton, was arrested for shoplifting.
- Erwin Teran, 55, of Riverton, was arrested for a warrant (failure to appear).
- Dawn Day 28, of Riverton, was arrested for driving while under suspension.
- Rupert Brown, 34, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication.
- Zebulun Arnhold, 30, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication.
- Ardie LongSoldier, 42, of Riverton, was arrested for a warrant (contempt of court).
- Chloe Rohrbacher, 21, of Riverton, was issued citations for dog at large and vicious animal.
- Derek Bagby, 32, of Riverton, was arrested for bond revocation, resisting arrest and assault on a police officer.
- Sherri Grunwald, 48, of Riverton, was arrested for bond revocation.
- Amos Antonio, 28, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication.
- Chezrae Manzanares, 25, of Riverton, was arrested for assault (domestic violence).
- Francis Washington, 62, of Riverton, was arrested for a warrant (contempt of court).
- Doug BigMedicine, 34, of Riverton, was arrested for a warrant (failure to appear).
- Joseph Prue, 39, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication.
- Michael Anderson, 32, of Riverton, was arrested for disturbing the peace.
- Stoney Rettinghouse, 20, of Riverton, was cited for shoplifting.
- Jair Amsbaugh, 19, of Riverton, was cited for shoplifting.
- At 5:33 p.m. on Monday, the Riverton Police Department received a phone call from a Wal-Mart manager reporting they received a call from an unknown female who stated there was a bomb inside the business. Officers arrived and assisted with evacuating the store. Officers secured the building and searched the establishment for any type of suspicious packages.
Wal-Mart was re-opened after it appeared no bomb was in the store.
In Fremont County Sheriff's reports from Friday to Tuesday morning:
- Anthony Joseph Apodaca, 19, of Riverton, was arrested for simple assault.
- Rose Coopwood, 60, of Riverton, was arrested for driving under the influence (DUI) and driving while under suspension.
- Jonathan Garza, 24, of Rock Springs, was arrested for DUI and possession of a controlled substance.
- Kelly Grove, 26, of Dubois, was arrested for probation violation.
- Lyle Haukaas, 33, of Hudson, was arrested on a Colorado warrant.
- Lakoda Lewis, 23, of Paige, Ariz., was arrested for DUI.
- Trampes Rivers, 38, of Dubois, was arrested for simple assault and bond revocation.
- Brandon Smiley, 26, of Riverton, was arrested for three warrants (contempt of court).
- Stanley Stowe, 52 of Kinnear, was arrested for DUI.
- Lane Stinger, 21, of Dubois, was arrested for DUI.
- Malcom Whiteplume, 21, of Riverton, was arrested for probation revocation.
- During the same time frame, ambulance crews responded to 71 calls for service and firefighters were dispatched nine times.
The Wyoming State Engineer's Office report on stream flows, reservoir levels and canal diversions in the Wind River Basin as of Monday, June 25, are as listed in the first column. The readings for Sunday, June 24, are in the second column. Measurements are in cubic feet per second unless otherwise stated.
Wind River near Dubois 346 348
Dinwoody Creek above Lakes, Near Burris 541 485
Bull Lake Creek above Bull Lake 884 818
Bull Lake Creek near Lenore 452 423
Wind River near Crowheart 2,560 2,440
Wind River near Kinnear 1,100 1,020
Wind River at Riverton 724 595
Little Popo Agie River near Lander 77 77
Little Wind River near Riverton 314 329
Wind River above Boysen Reservoir 953 790
Fivemile Creek near Shoshoni 240 225
Wind River below Boysen Reservoir 1,290 1,300
Get your copy of The Ranger online, every day! If you are a current print subscriber and want to also access dailyranger.com online (there is nothing more to purchase) including being able to download The Mining and Energy Edition, click here. Looking to start a new online subscription to dailyranger.com (even if it is for just one day)? Access our secure SSL encrypted server and start your subscription now by clicking here.