TodayJun 19, 2012 Staff
Allen "Duane" Richey, 55, died of cancer Friday, June 15, at his home in Hattiesburg, Miss. He was the father of Amy McDonald of Riverton. Memorial services are at 10 a.m. Wednesday, June 20, at Kensington Woods Church of Christ, 415 S. 40th Ave. in Hattiesburg. Cremation has taken place and his cremated remains will be returned to Wyoming at a later date.
Wyoming School Resource Officers and D.A.R.E. Officers Training Conference is at Central Wyoming College, 2660 Peck Ave., Riverton. For more information, contact Scott Peters at firstname.lastname@example.org or 840-0331.
Wyoming Life Resource Center's 100th Anniversary and Brain Drain Race is 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. at the Life Resource Center, 8204 Wyoming 789, Lander. Planned Activities: opening ceremonies, train operation, games and fun booths, exhibits, tours, picnic lunch, guardian meeting, Friends of WLRC meeting, brain drain race, ice cream social, live music and fireworks at dark.
Wesley Bellringers Concert is at 7:30 p.m. at First United Methodist Church, 262 N. Third St., Lander. The choir consists of more than 30 high school students from Christ United Methodist Church in Salt Lake City. The concert is part of the choir's 47th annual tour. The concert is free, but there will be a free-will offering during the concert.
Fremont County Fair Royalty Jackpot Barrel Race and Pole Bending Fundraiser is at 5:30 p.m. June 20 at the Fremont County Fairgrounds, 705 Fairgrounds Road, Riverton. Five-dollar exhibitions will start at 5:30 p.m. The barrel race and pole bending are at 7 p.m. Open class is ages 14 to 99 and is $40. Junior class is for ages 13 and under and is $20. Jackpot is an 80 percent payout. For more information, call Pam Rivers at 851-9452 or Debra Bailey at 856-2222.
53rd Annual Eastern Shoshone Indian Days & Rodeo Celebration is June 21 to June 24. This is a traditional Native American Powwow located near Fort Washakie on the Wind River Indian Reservation. This Powwow has been designated as one of the 2012 Top 100 Events in North America by The American Bus Association.
Plant Identification and Ecology Field Day is 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. carpooling from the Fremont County Courthouse For more information, call 332-2363.
Art Project is at 10:30 a.m. in the Lander Library's children's area, 200 Amoretti St., Lander. Event is for children in grades K-6.
Wish Upon A Star Storytime is at 10:30 a.m. in the Lander Library's children's area, 200 Amoretti St., Lander. Event is for children ages 0 to 4.
Good Sam RV Rally/Samboree Welcoming Ceremony is at 4 p.m. at the Fremont County Faiground, Fremont Center (old Armory Building), 705 Fairgrounds Road, Riverton. Gathering lasts through June 24. The Wyoming Good Sam Camping Club Samboree/RV Rally is attended by families interested in camping adventures from throughout the United States and Canada. For more information, visit www.wyominggoodsam.com or call Donna Hunter at 856-9376.
Wild and Scenic Film Festival is 5:15 p.m. to 7 p.m. at the Lander Grand Theatre, 250 Main St., Lander. Patagonia, Wild Iris Mountain Sports and the Wyoming Outdoor Council present the Wild and Scenic Film Festival. For more information, call 332-7031 or visit www.wyomingoutdoorcouncil.org.
To add an event to the community calendar, please e-mail the information to email@example.com and include "community calendar"R00;in the subject line.
In Riverton police reports from Friday to Tuesday morning:
- Richard Stark, 36, of Riverton, was arrested on a warrant (contempt of court).
- Arlie Stark, 33, of Riverton, was arrested on a warrant (failure to appear).
- Robert Richards, 35, of Riverton, was arrested on a warrant (contempt of court).
- Delphine Charging, 43, of Riverton, was arrested on a warrant (failure to appear).
- Jordan Weber, 19, of Riverton, was arrested for a warrant (contempt of court).
- Tyler Riser, 19, of Riverton, was cited for possession of marijuana.
- Jacob Riser, 18, of Riverton, was cited for possession of marijuana.
- Danny Capozzoli, 60, of Riverton, was arrested on a warrant (courtesy hold).
- Byron Lincoln, 46, of Riverton, was arrested for shoplifting.
- Jerome Goggles, 46, of Riverton, was arrested for driving under the influence (DUI).
- Kathleen Monroe, 46, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication.
- Jason Brown, 31, of Riverton, was arrested for assault (domestic violence).
- Ernest Oldman, 29, of Riverton, was arrested for assault (domestic violence).
In Fremont County Sheriff's reports from Friday to Tuesday morning:
- Kelly Baker, 26, of Lander, was arrested for contempt of court.
- Robin Berghorst, 57, of Kinnear, was arrested for misuse of telephone.
- John Carney, 18, of Dubois, was arrested for DUI.
- Tanner Clark, 23, of Riverton, was arrested for DUI.
- Jarvis Shoulderblade, 37, of Arapahoe, was arrested for a warrant (failure to appear), DUI, open container, interference and driving under suspension.
- Kelly Lance Taylor, 46, of Cody, was arrested for probation revocation.
- Kenneth Wood, 20, of Lander, was arrested on a warrant (failure to appear).
- Ezequiel Alcaraz, 21, of Lander, was arrested for child abuse.
- Travis Balderston, 34, of Lander, was arrested for contempt of court.
- During the same time period, ambulance crews were called out 57 times and firefighters responded to 18 calls.
The Wyoming State Engineer's Office report on stream flows, reservoir levels and canal diversions in the Wind River Basin as of Monday, June 18, are as listed in the first column. The readings for Sunday, June 17, are in the second column. Measurements are in cubic feet per second unless otherwise stated.
Wind River near Dubois 432 394
Dinwoody Creek above Lakes, Near Burris 473 443
Bull Lake Creek above Bull Lake 939 836
Bull Lake Creek near Lenore 43 43
Wind River near Crowheart 2,250 2,180
Wind River near Kinnear 711 542
Wind River at Riverton 201 153
Little Popo Agie River near Lander 107 103
Little Wind River near Riverton 463 456
Wind River above Boysen Reservoir 668 684
Fivemile Creek near Shoshoni 264 258
Wind River below Boysen Reservoir 1,190 1,190