News of Riverton, Lander and Fremont County, Wyoming, from the Ranger's award winning journalists.
Jun 1, 2012 - Staff
A son was born to Kailyn Washakie, of Fort Washakie, and Stephen Valdez, of Ethete, at 9:44 p.m. March 21, 2012, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. He weighed 7 pounds, 4 ounces.
A son was born to Barbara Wager, of Riverton, and Gary Wager, of Dulce, N.M., at 4:54 p.m. April 6, 2012, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. He weighed 6 pounds, 6 ounces.
Terry C. "Cadillac" Coulston, 40, died Wednesday, May 30, at the Lander Regional Hospital. Funeral services are at 10 a.m. Monday, June 4, at Rocky Mountain Hall at Fort Washakie. Interment will be in the Engavo Family Cemetery at Fort Washakie. An evening service is at 7 p.m. Sunday, June 3, at the Iris Coulston residence, No. 7 Thunder Lane, Ethete, followed by a wake at the same location.
Charlynn M. Heidekrueger, 48, died Saturday, May 26, at her home in Pavillion. Cremation has taken place and memorial services are tentatively set for Monday, June 18, at a time to be announced, at the Set Free Church in Riverton. Online condolences may be posted at www.theDavisFuneralHome.com.
Riverton native John L. Hull, 56, died Saturday, May 19, in Hayden, Colo., following a long battle with cancer. A memorial service was Thursday, May 31, at the Steamboat Grand Hotel Pavilion in Steamboat Springs, Colo. Memorials may be sent to the John Hull Cancer Fund, c/o Bank of the West, Steamboat Springs Office, P.O. Box 772948, Steamboat Springs, CO 80477.
John R. Mazet, 85, of Riverton, died Thursday, May 31, at the Help for Health Hospice Home in Riverton. According to his wishes, cremation will take place, and there will be no services. Arrangements are under the direction of the Davis Funeral Home of Riverton.
A memorial service will be at a later date in Riverton for Cindy M. (Lehto) Trannum, 46, who died Monday, May 21, at the Alaska Native Medical Center in Anchorage, Alaska. An online guestbook can be signed at www.alaskacremation.com.
Fremont County Spring Spectacular is at the Fremont County Fairplex, 1010 Fairgrounds Road, Riverton. Shows include market beef, breeding beef, market goats, market lambs and market swine. Showmanship will be June 2; more than $5,500 guaranteed. Campground space is available, there will be concessions, a carnival and youth rodeo. Bedding is also available. For more information, call the fair office at 856-6611 or Barney Cosner at 851-6611.
Pioneer Village Summer School is 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Museum of the American West, 1445 Main St., Lander.
Shoshoni School District 24 Meeting is at 7 p.m. at the Shoshoni Senior Center, 214 E. Second St., Shoshoni. The informational meeting will address questions and progress regarding the district's new school plans. All interested community members are encouraged to attend.
Tuesday Night Square Dancing is at the Rustic Pine Tavern Frontier Room, 119 E. Ramshorn St., Dubois. For more information, call 455-2430.
Northern Arapaho Experience is 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. at the Wind River Casino, 10269 Highway 789, Riverton. Traditional tepees and Northern Arapaho dancing, weather permitting. Event is free. For more information, call 856-3964.
To add an event to the community calendar, please e-mail the information to firstname.lastname@example.org and include "community calendar" in the subject line.
In Riverton police reports from Thursday to Friday morning:
- William Doney, 36, of Riverton, was arrested for assault (domestic violence) and strangulation of a household member.
- Dwight Begay, 24, of Riverton, was arrested for urinating in public and resisting arrest.
- Anthony Truempler, 31, of Riverton, was issued citations for vicious animal and dog at large. Capt. Eric Murphy said two Boxers owned by Truempler got out of his yard and forced their way into another yard where two juvenile girls were playing. Murphy said one of the dogs bit one of the girls on the arm, and she needed medical attention.
- Randy Weber, 21, of Riverton, was cited for shoplifting from Wal-Mart.
- At 9:04 p.m. on Thursday, police received a report about subjects who left Archers Steakhouse without paying for their meal. Murphy said the individuals left the area before officers arrived.
In Fremont County Sheriff's reports from Thursday to Friday morning:
- There were no arrests made.
- During the same time period, ambulance crews responded to seven calls for service and firefighters were called out once.