A family-owned daily newspaper serving Riverton, Lander and Fremont County, Wyoming since 1949
Apr 10, 2012 - Staff
In the April 6 edition of The Ranger, the page one story "Deer population at center of G&F talks with county residents" should have ...
There is more! Read the rest of the story - subscribe today!
In the April 6 edition of The Ranger, the page one story "Deer population at center of G&F talks with county residents" should have said there were 11,125 antelope hunting licenses available last year in the Wyoming Game and Fish Department's Lander Region.
Albert C. Iron, 74, died Thursday, April 5, at Wind River Healthcare in Riverton. Funeral services are at 10 a.m. Wednesday, April 11, at St. Stephen's Mission. Interment will be at the Arapaho Catholic Cemetery at St. Stephen's. A rosary and wake are at 7 p.m. Tuesday, April 10, at the family residence, No. 733 Blue Sky Highway, Ethete.
Mitchell P. Moss, 33, of Arapahoe, died Saturday, April 7, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. Traditional American Indian services are at 10 a.m. Thursday, April 12, at Great Plains Hall at Arapahoe with burial following at the Arapaho Catholic Cemetery at St. Stephen's. A rosary is at 7 p.m. Wednesday, April 11, at Great Plains Hall followed by a wake at the family home, No. 44 C'Hair Lane.
Duane E. Tillman, 82, died Friday, April 6, at his home at Fort Washakie. Traditional American Indian funeral services are at 10 a.m. Thursday, April 12, at Rocky Mountain Hall in Fort Washakie. Interment will be in the Mission Cemetery at Ethete. An evening service is from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. Wednesday, April 11, at Rocky Mountain Hall with a wake to follow at the family residence, No. 256 Old Wind River Highway, Fort Washakie
The Quirky Brain is 3:30 p.m. to 5 p.m. in Main Hall 171 at Central Wyoming College. CWC psychology professor Jewel Dirks discusses the "quirky brain" at this month's academic discussion. Her presentation is related to her sabbatical. The monthly academic discussions are free and open to the public.
Pajama Party and Story Time is 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. at Central Wyoming College, Riverton. At this party celebrating Library Week, stories will be read by CWC students to the children. The event also includes games and snacks. For more information, call the Activities Office at 855-2260 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Event is open to the public and free for children 10 and under.
Wyoming Game and Fish Department Public Meeting is at 6 p.m. at the Wyoming Game and Fish Department Office, Lander. Game and Fish seeks public comment on wolf management draft regulations. The regulations specify the Trophy Game Management Area boundary; the department's process for collecting genetic material to monitor genetic connectivity within the northern Rocky Mountains; rules for lethal take of gray wolves; options for non-lethal gray wolf control; population management goals; hunt areas; and seasons and bag limits for a potential 2012 gray wolf hunting season.
To add an event to the community calendar, please e-mail the information to email@example.com and include "community calendar"R00;in the subject line.
In Riverton police reports from Friday to Tuesday morning:
- Patrick Wolbert, 56, of Riverton, was arrested for probation violation.
- Derek Bagby, 32, of Riverton, was arrested for bond revocation.
- Michael Hobert, 18, of Riverton, was arrested for minor in possession.
- Franklin Martel, 30, of Ethete, was arrested for driving under the influence (DUI).
- Frank Sitting Eagle, 29, of Riverton, was arrested for contempt of court.
- Clowry Means, 45, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication.
- Clifford Henderson, 63, of Roberts, Mont., was arrested for DUI.
- Ora Little, 61, of Lander, was arrested for DUI.
- James Hobble, 23, of Riverton, was arrested for DUI.
In Fremont County Sheriff's reports from Thursday to Tuesday morning:
- Dylan Mills, 19, was arrested for probation revocation.
- Edward Brown, 53, of Riverton, was arrested for pedestrian under the influence.
- Courtney Thomas, 18, of Arapahoe, was arrested for failure to appear.
- During the same time period, ambulance crews were dispatched 65 times and firefighters responded to 26 calls.
- The Fremont County Coroner's Office is investigating the death of a 32-year-old Riverton man whose body was found in his apartment Monday afternoon.
County Coroner Ed McAuslan identified the victim as Michael Horton.
"Yesterday afternoon a man was found dead in his apartment," McAuslan said Tuesday morning. "He is going to be autopsied at 1 o'clock this afternoon to determine what had happened to him."
The autopsy will be done in Loveland, Colo., and the full report could take up to six weeks to complete.
According to the Riverton Police Department's dispatch log, authorities received a call at 1:19 p.m. concerning a dead body at an apartment complex in the 300 block of South First Street.
McAuslan said there was nothing suspicious at the scene but considers it unusual given Horton's age.
"It is not a common event, so we are going to investigate it to determine what happened to him," McAuslan said.