Jan 8, 2014 - StaffDeaths
Jeffery Nathan "Nate" Lupher, 53, died Tuesday, Jan. 7, at home on his family ranch in Mountain View. Cremation has taken place, and a memorial service will be at 1 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 11, at Mountain View High School. Visitation with family will be noon to 1 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 11.
2014 One Shot Rabbit Hunt is Jan. 10 to Jan. 12. Registrations, calcutta, dance, silent auction and raffles are Jan. 10. Hunters can check in at 5 a.m. Jan. 11 at the Shoshoni Senior Citizen Center, 209 Main St. The hunt ends at 6 p.m. Junior hunters ages 12 to 17 can participate Jan. 12 with an experienced hunter.
"Into the Mind" Screening is at 6:30 p.m. at Lander Valley High School, 400 Baldwin Creek Road. A party will precede the showing at 5 p.m. at the Coalter Loft, 128 Main St., Lander. Tickets are $10 at the door. A raffle will follow the film, including gift certificates, gear, lift tickets for Grand Targhee and a paragliding trip with Jackson Hole Paragliding.
In Riverton Police Department reports Tuesday to Wednesday morning:
- No arrests were recorded during this timeframe.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Tuesday to Wednesday morning:
- A woman on Disneyland Road north of Pavillion called police at about 1:10 p.m. Tuesday to report that someone had cut the tails off of four of her horses sometime Monday evening.
- No arrests were recorded during this timeframe. The Fremont County Emergency Dispatch Center took 36 calls for service, county ambulances were dispatched nine times and area fire departments responded to three calls for help. Five people were booked into the Fremont County Detention Center for charges, including one felony charge and six misdemeanor charges. The center currently is responsible for 127 inmates, including 118 at the facility, three in substance abuse treatment programs, one on home detention and five elsewhere.
- Grantor: WALL MARLENE J, STEVENS WILLIAM S, SPURRIER JOAN M, ... Legal: Quarter: NENW Section: 16 Township: 3N Range: 1E , Quarter: SENW Section: 16 Township: 3N Range: 1E Grantee: WALL DALE EUGENE
- Grantor: WALL MARLENE J, STEVENS WILLIAM S, SPURRIER JOAN M, ... Legal: Quarter: NWNW Section: 16 Township: 3N Range: 1E , Quarter: NENW Section: 16 Township: 3N Range: 1E , Quarter: NENE Section: 17 Township: 3N Range: 1E , ... Grantee: WALL FERG JACQUELINE K
- Grantor: WALL FERG JACQUELINE K Legal: Quarter: NWNW Section: 16 Township: 3N Range: 1E , Quarter: NENW Section: 16 Township: 3N Range: 1E , Quarter: NENE Section: 17 Township: 3N Range: 1E , ... Grantee: NORTHERN ARAPAHO TRIBE
Get your copy of The Ranger online, every day! If you are a current print subscriber and want to also access dailyranger.com online (there is nothing more to purchase) including being able to download The Mining and Energy Edition, click here. Looking to start a new online subscription to dailyranger.com (even if it is for just one day)? Access our secure SSL encrypted server and start your subscription now by clicking here.