TodaySep 29, 2017 From staff reports
A son was born to Karline Stetler of Shoshoni and Jacob Stetler of Shoshoni at 10:36 a.m. Sept. 8 at SageWest Health Care at Lander. The baby weighed 7 pounds, 5.6 ounces.
A daughter was born to Carlie Kay Edelman of Douglas and Jacob Micheal Flesher of Riverton at 2:39 p.m. Sept. 25 at SageWest Health Care at Lander. The baby weighed 5 pounds, 8.7 ounces.
A daughter was born to Ashley Keele of Riverton and Brandon Norsworthy of Riverton at 4:11 a.m. Sept 27 at SageWest Health Care at Lander. The baby weighed 7 pounds, 3.6 ounces.
Willa Metcalf, 95, of Riverton, passed away Thursday, Sept. 28, 2017, at Wind River Healthcare and Rehabilitation. Services are pending through Davis Funeral Home.
Saturday, September 30
The Winter Farmer's Market will be every Saturday at the 4H lunchroom at the Fremont County Fairgrounds from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.
A 5K for Food hosted by SageWest Health Care will start with registration at 9 a.m. on the front lawn at SageWest in Riverton. The race will start at 10 a.m. Cost is $25 per person or $100 for a team of six people or less. Children 10 and under are free. All proceeds benefit the Lander Care and Share Food Bank. For more information call 332-4420.
The Lander Skateboard Competition will be at 1 p.m. Sept. 30 at the Joe McGowan Memorial Skate Park. Entry fee for Saturday's event is $10 and age brackets are 6-8, 9-12, 13-17, and 18 and over. Registration starts at 11 a.m. Competitors under 18 must have a guardian sign a waiver and must wear a helmet. First place winner for the 18 and over bracket will receive $200. The event is being hosted by the Central Wyoming Skateboarding Association, Gannett Peak Sports, Bonneville Builders LLC, and Fremont Therapy Group. For more information call 840-1944.
Brewer's Trail Build Day will be at 9:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Work will be done on the switchback immediately before Fry Lake, and benching the trail forward along the back side of the lake. Please bring water, gloves, snacks. Pants and shoes recommended. Tools will be provided by the Lander Cycling Club. Everyone is welcome as this is a great multi-use trail for runners, hikers and equestrians.
Trinity Lutheran School's Oktoberfest will start at 5:30 p.m. with dinner to be served at 6:30 p.m. at the Fremont Center of the Fremont County Fairgrounds. Individuals tickets are $30 while group tables for eight people cist $250. Proceeds benefit Trinity Lutheran School including the Classical Christian Education, preschool and eighth grade. Tickets can be purchased at the school at 419 East Park Ave. Traditional german buffet dinner, adult beverages, polka dancing, and a live auction will be available for adults 21 and over only.
Poldark will be screened at the Riverton Library from 1 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. The first hour of the third season will be screened at the Lander Library Sept. 28 beginning at 6 p.m. The screening is being hosted by Wyoming PBS and the Riverton and Lander Libraries.
Sunday, October 1
Jammin' at the Museum is at 2 p.m. at 909 W. Ramshorn St. in Dubois. 455-2284.
Spencer Bohren's Down the Dirt Road Blues concert is at 6:30 p.m. at Bhava Shala Studio 111 N. First ST. in Lander. Cost is $25-35 and seating is limited. 332-5772.
Information in this column is taken from official law enforcement reports. An arrest is a preliminary step in the legal process. It does not mean that a person has been found guilty of a crime. By law, persons who are arrested are innocent until proven guilty through due legal processes.
In Riverton Police Department reports Thursday:
-A 17-year-old girl and a 20-year-old man, both of Riverton, were cited at about 2:10 a.m. Thursday in the 1700 block of West Sunset Drive for possession of marijuana. Reports state an officer noticed a vehicle at Sunset Park after hours; police made contact with the people in the vehicle and could smell the odor of burnt marijuana. The two were in possession of a user quantity of the drug and were cited and released, according to reports.
- Police responded Thursday to several reports of theft from motor vehicles. The first call came in at about 8:40 a.m. Thursday from the 800 block of East Jackson Avenue, where reports state someone took papers out of the glove box of a vehicle, "trashed" the inside of the car and took $47 in cash, a credit card and a driver's license. At about 9:15 a.m. Thursday officers responded to reports that a vehicle in the 300 block of East Monroe Avenue had been "rummaged through." Two more reports came in later in the day, one at about 3:40 p.m. Thursday from the 200 block of Kinnikinnick Drive, and the other at about 3:40 p.m. Thursday from the 1700 block of North Federal Boulevard.
- Shealyne Kornder, 32, of Riverton, was arrested at about 10:50 a.m. Thursday in the 700 block of East Washington Avenue on an outstanding Fremont County warrant.
Police responded at about 12:20 p.m. Thursday to reports that two goats had been located at the front entrance of a hotel in the 2500 block of North Federal Boulevard. The animals were returned to their owner.
- Harold Armajo, 62, of Riverton, was arrested at about 5 p.m. Thursday in the 1300 block of South Federal Boulevard for domestic battery. Officials said he punched a woman in the face; she suffered a minor laceration to her lip but did not require medical attention.
- Evander Eaglerod, 26, of Riverton, was arrested at about 6:45 p.m. Thursday in the 200 block of East Jefferson Avenue on an outstanding probation violation warrant out of Utah.
- Benjamin Piper, 52, of Riverton, was arrested at about 7:25 p.m. Thursday in the 700 block of North Federal Boulevard for trespassing.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Thursday:
-Lacie Snyder, 29, of Riverton, was arrested for probation revocation.