TodaySep 13, 2017 From staff reports
Thursday, September 14
Riverton FFA is collecting household items, food, drinks and supplies for children, infants and school that will be delivered to Houston Red Cross shelters and other donation sites. Items should be dropped off at the James H. Moore Career Center, 851 College View Drive, by Sept. 29. For a list of items needed or to arrange pick-up call Taylor Haley at email@example.com or call Sally Williams at 851-6492.
The 8th annual tribal farmer's market will be held every Thursday from 4 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. until Oct. 12. They will be held on a rotating basis in three reservation communities:
- Fort Washakie - Post Office parking lot
(Located across from the Joint Tribal Building, turn left at the Tribal Gas Station.)
- Ethete - Blue Sky Hall parking lot
(Located at the corner of the stoplight, across from the Ethete Store.)
- Arapahoe - Great Plains parking lot
(Located just off of 17 Mile Road, west of the Health Center.)
Fees are $5 per day for vendors or $20 per season and $30 for out-of-state truck sales. Tables will not be provided. Pre-registration and payment in advance is encouraged but not required. The markets are sponsored by Blue Mountain Associates Inc. For more information call Viola Antelope at 314-8128.
An "Under the Sea Mermaid" themed event will be held 4-6 p.m. at the Hampton Inn in Riverton for Girl Scout registration. Attendees will have their pictures taken as a mermaid; they'll also swim and have goldfish snacks. Registration is $5 for current Girl Scouts and $30 for new girls.
Friday, September 15
The Riverton High School "Around the World" homecoming parade will be Sept. 15 at 2 p.m. on Main Street. The RHSR00;FFA will be collecting doantions (see event info above) along the parade route.
The Wind River Cares AmeriCorps program is looking to recruit 10 young adults ages 18-24 who are currently unemployed and/or not attending school to serve the community. The Wind River Family and Community Health Care is organizing efforts to recruit members who will receive a living allowance and an educational award at the end of one year of service.The members will be provided comprehensive medical business office classroom and hands-on training. The training will be geared to provide technical skills for the AmeriCorps member(s) to become gainfully employed in the medical business arena. There will be a series of informational meetings to be held throughout the community for interested young adults.
- Sept. 19 at 11 a.m. Wind River Tribal College, Ethete
- Sept. 19 at 1 p.m. Rocky Mountain Hall, Fort Washakie
- Sept. 20 at 11 a.m. Wind River Casino Cottonwood Room, Riverton
- Sept. 20 at 2 p.m. Fremont County Library, Riverton
The Riverton High School "Around the World" homecoming events wrap up Friday with the presentation of royalty to be made at half-time along with cheer and marching band performaces at the 7 p.m. football game.
Saturday, September 16
A free community baby shower for expectant mothers and new parents in Fremont County will be from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Fremont County Heritage Hall. The Fremont County Coalition for Pregnant and Parenting Families has teamed up with WYhealth by Optum to host the event for expectant moms and new parents of children age 3 and under. This fun, family-friendly event will feature free information and presentations about important prenatal and well-baby care information, free gifts and refreshments. For more information call Kathleen Laidlaw at 856-6979 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information in this column is taken from official law enforcement reports. An arrest is a preliminary step in the legal process. It does not mean that a person has been found guilty of a crime. By law, persons who are arrested are innocent until proven guilty through due legal processes.
In Riverton Police Department reports Tuesday:
-Police responded at about 9:10 a.m. Tuesday to reports that someone had stolen medication from a home in the 200 block of South 13th Street East.
- Theodore Goggles, 76, of Riverton, was arrested at about 2:10 p.m. Tuesday in the 800 block of East Main Street for public intoxication.
- Seth Blackburn, 28, of Arapahoe, was arrested at about 8:15 p.m. Tuesday in the 1200 block of West Main Street for shoplifting and public intoxication. Officials said he tried to steal mouthwash from a store in the area.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Tuesday to Wednesday morning:
-Jacob Arapahoe, 33, of Ethete, was arrested at about 11:40 p.m. Tuesday in the 500 block of North Seventh Street East in Riverton on a Campbell County warrant for failure to appear.
- Deputies responded at about 5:35 a.m. Wednesday to reports that a driver had hit a cow on Ore Road 15 miles north of Jeffrey City. The reporting party said the cow was lying on the side of the road and the suspect vehicle had left the scene.
- James Martin, 40, of Casper, was arrested on Fremont County warrants for probation revocation and contempt of court.
- Grantor: POWELL STEVEN V, POWELL E DARLENE, Legal: Sub/Mine: GREEN ACRES SUB RI Lot: 3 City: RIVERTON, Grantee: FOSTER RAY E, Rec Date: 08/18/2017
- Grantor: WYOMING PROPERTY INVESTMENTS Legal: Sub/Mine: CLAUD FIKE 1ST ADD RI Lot: 12 Block: 1, Grantee: WEMPEN FREEMAN , MAUCH NANCY, Rec Date: 08/18/2017
- Grantor: LAWYER RAMEL M, Legal: Sub/Mine: RIVERVIEW HEIGHTS 2ND ADD RI Lot: 84 City: RIVERTON, Grantee: PHILLIPS RONNIE D , PHILLIPS ERIN A , Rec Date: 08/18/2017
- Grantor: POWELL STEVEN V, POWELL E DARLENE Legal: Sub/Mine: GREEN ACRES SUB RI Lot: 3 City: RIVERTON, Grantee: FOSTER RAY E , Rec Date: 08/18/2017
- Grantor: WYOMING PROPERTY INVESTMENTS, Legal: Sub/Mine: CLAUD FIKE 1ST ADD RI Lot: 12 Block: 1 City: RIVERTON, Grantee: WEMPEN FREEMAN , MAUCH NANCY, Rec Date: 08/18/2017
- Grantor: WALDREP JULIAN S JR , WALDREP MARY L, Legal: Sub/Mine: PATTENS ADD LA Lot: 3 Block: 33 City: LANDER, Sub/Mine: PATTENS ADD LA Lot: 2 Block: 33 City: LANDER, Sub/Mine: WEST COURT ADD LA Lot: 4 Block: 33 City: LANDER, Grantee: MEYER DEIDRE D, MEYER JOSEPH R, Rec Date: 08/18/2017
- Grantor: SCHMIDT TOBY , KAPLAN NATALIE Legal: Sub/Mine: LANDER ORIGINAL TOWN OF LA Lot: 15 Block: 30 ..., Sub/Mine: LANDER ORIGINAL TOWN OF LA Lot: 16 Block: 30 ... , Grantee: MARTIN SARAH V , SMART JEROME M, Rec Date: 08/18/2017
- Grantor: COX SHERRIE R TRUSTEE, WILSON THOMAS F LIVING TRUST, WILSON DOUGLAS J TRUSTEE, ..., Legal: Quarter: NWSE Section: 7 Township: 33N Range: 99W, Grantee: HELLER MARK , HELLER KAYELENE, Rec Date: 08/18/2017
- Grantor: EATON ARDITH L, Legal: Sub/Mine: WIND RIVER AIRPARK FILING #1 RI Lot: 11, Grantee: LEBSACK ALAN R , Rec Date: 08/18/201
- Grantor: MILLER ROGER C, Legal: Sub/Mine: UPPER LITTLE WARM SPRING CREEK SUB REPLAT LOTS... , Grantee: MALLORY DOUGLAS C TRUSTEE, MALLORY BONNIE J TRUSTEE, MALLORY DOUGLAS C & BONNIE J LIVING TRUST , Rec Date: 08/18/2017
- Grantor: COLE KENT M, Legal: Sub/Mine: BUCK & RAIL ESTATES #1 DU Lot: 10 City: DUBOIS , Grantee: LAYBOURN JAMES, GODFREY JULIE, Rec Date: 08/18/2017
- Grantor: HEFENIEDER JAMES S CO TRUSTEE, HEFERNIEDER BETH M CO TRUSTEE, HEFENIEDER JAMES & BETH REVOCABLE TRUST Legal: Sub/Mine: LANDER ORIGINAL TOWN OF LA Lot: 11 Block: 29 ..., Sub/Mine: LANDER ORIGINAL TOWN OF LA Lot: 12 Block: 29, Grantee: FOX MAUREEN LOUISE , Rec Date: 08/18/2017
- Grantor: MILLER GERALD L, MILLER DEBRA K, Legal: Quarter: SENW Section: 35 Township: 1N Range: 4E , Quarter: SWNE Section: 35 Township: 1N Range: 4E, Grantee: ZIEGENMEYER DOROTHY M, Rec Date: 08/22/2017
- Grantor: FREMONT COUNTY SCHOOL DIST 24, Legal: Sub/Mine: SHOSHONI 1ST ADD SH Lot: 1 Block: 23 City: SH..., Sub/Mine: SHOSHONI 1ST ADD SH Lot: 2 Block: 23 City: SH..., Sub/Mine: SHOSHONI 1ST ADD SH Lot: 3 Block: 23 City: SHOSHONI, Grantee: CORNER PROPERTIES LLC, Rec Date: 08/23/2017
- Grantor: MOWRY BYRON G, MOWRY JUDITH ARLENE, Legal: Sub/Mine: COUNTRY CLUB V REPLAT LTS 46-48,50-51,PT 49 RIVERTON, Grantee: CARROLL NEAL FORD, CARROLL JUDITH ARLENE, Rec Date: 08/23/2017
- Grantor: COCO HOUSE OF TRAVEL LLC, Legal: Sub/Mine: MUSTANG RUN MI Lot: 5 City: MISCELLANEOUS, Grantee: HAASE CRAIG J, BEST MISTI M, Rec Date: 08/23/2017
- Grantor: COCO HOUSE OF TRAVEL LLC, Legal: Quarter: SWNW Section: 17 Township: 33N Range: 99W, Grantee: LANDER HOLIDAY LODGE MOTEL LLC, Rec Date: 08/23/2017
- Grantor: RAGAN JANET, Legal: Sub/Mine: MAZURIE 2ND ADD LA Lot: 7 Block: 1 City: LANDER, Grantee: NGUYEN PETER P, NGUYEN JESSICA, Rec Date: 08/24/2017
- Grantor: RIDGEWAY NEIL A, KOZIARZ FUMIKO D, Legal: Sub/Mine: TEMPLE PEAK SUB RI Lot: 54 City: RIVERTON, Grantee: BROUGH CAROL ANN, Rec Date: 08/24/2017
- Grantor: SWENSON PAUL A, SWENSON CAROL J Legal: Sub/Mine: LANE SUBDIVISION LA Lot: 2 City: LANDER, Grantee: SWENSON CAROL J TRUSTEE, SWENSON PAUL A LIVING TRUST, SWENSON PAUL A TRUSTEE, Notes: TRACT 2, Rec Date: 08/24/2017