TodayAug 31, 2017 From staff reports
Two sons were born to Katherine Caelwaerts of Hudson and Brian Caelwaerts of Hudson at 9:46 a.m. and 9:47 a.m. Aug. 28 at SageWest Health Care at Lander. The babies weighed 5 pounds, 6 ounces and 5 pounds, 10 ounces.
Hubert Jackson Davis Jr., of Riverton, passed away Aug. 27, 2017, at the Wyoming Medical Center in Casper. His remains have been cremated. Memorial remembrances are pending.
Friday, September 1
The 63rd Northern Arapaho Indian Powwow is Sept. 1-3 in Arapahoe. This community powwow also has a hand drum contest on Saturday and a parade and feast on Sunday.
First Friday: Art & Live Music Enjoy local Art and Live Music at the Middle Fork. Enjoy the local art scene, hear some great live music, and get delicious dinner and drinks. Happy hour is at 5 PM. Music is from 6-7:30 PM. Jazz standards on the patio. Middle Fork's new dinner menu "5-4-3-2-1:" Happy hour 5-6pm, ($5 Tapas Plate, $4 House Cocktail, $3 House Wine, $2 Bottled Beer, $1 Popcorn). 351 Main St., 4-7pm, 307-335-5035, facebook.com/MiddleForkCafe
Power of Multiples Art Exhibit Reception Lander Art Center: POWR: Potters of the Wind Rivers presents: "The Power of Multiples" exhibition of fine ceramic art. Reception 6-8pm. Free admission. Open Tues. - Thurs. from 10-6pm, and Fri.-Sat. from 10-4pm. 214 Main Street. (307) 332-5772, landerartcenter.com
Saturday, September 2
Moccasin Lake Challenge Race Fort Washakie will host the fun annual Moccasin Lake Challenge Race, Run or Walk, with incredible views on the 18-21 mile route. New this year is the youngster's 5-mile route. 7am registration, 8:30am make your way to the starting line on Moccasin Road, and opening ceremony at 9:30am. Meet at Rocky Mountain Hall, 19 North Fork Rd. Bring plenty of water and sunscreen.For more information call 307-349-7089 or 307-438-6563, email@example.com
Lander Valley Farmers Market fresh produce and hand made crafts, held every Saturday 9am-noon at Lander City Park. 405 Fremont St. landervalleyfarmersmarket.com
Labor Day Ranch Rodeo Shoshoni presents the 15th Annual Labor Day Ranch Rodeo, showcasing real cowboys and their day-to-day ranch working skills at 5pm. Tickets $8. Held at the Art Shanley Memorial Arena at West 1st and S. Maple Street. Bess 307-262-6094, Facebook.com/ShoshoniRodeo
Kids Gymkhana Rodeo Shoshoni presents their annual Kids Gymkhana Rodeo! Two chances this Labor day Weekend to bring the family for rodeo fun and games on horseback starting at 6pm. See true western barrel racing and pole bending. Shanley Memorial Arena, 210 S. Maple St. 307-840-0209. firstname.lastname@example.org
Information in this column is taken from official law enforcement reports. An arrest is a preliminary step in the legal process. It does not mean that a person has been found guilty of a crime. By law, persons who are arrested are innocent until proven guilty through due legal processes.
In Riverton Police Department reports Wednesday through Thursday:
-Douglas Sebring, 49, of Riverton, was arrested at about 2:41 a.m. Wednesday in the 2100 block of North Federal Boulevard for driving under the influence and failure in maintaining lane.
-Police responded at about 8:39 a.m. Wednesday to a report that license plates were stolen from a vehicle in the 100 block of East Washington Avenue.
- Ramona Shakespeare, 46, of Riverton, was arrested on a municipal warrant at about 9:29 a.m. Wednesday in the 400 block of North First Street. She was also cited for driving without a driver's license.
- Darwin Shakespeare, 28, of Lander, was cited for shoplifting at about 2:26 p.m. Wednesday in the 600 block of South Federal Boulevard. Officers reported he stole a bottle of alcohol.
- Donelle Littleshield, 25, of Arapahoe, was cited at about 6:27 p.m. Wednesday in the 300 block of North Federal Boulevard for driving without a driver's license.
-Doug Bigmedicine, 39, of Ethete, was cited for open container and public intoxication at about 6:30 p.m. Wednesday in the 800 block of East Main Street.
- Robert Wallowingbull, 29, of Lander, was arrested on a municipal warrant at about 7:32 p.m. Wednesday in the 800 block of South Federal Boulevard.
- Denise Oldman, 45, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication at about 9:01 p.m. Wednesday in the 400 block of West Adams Avenue.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Wednesday through Thursday:
-Tawny Elkboy, 18, of Arapahoe was arrested at about 3:11 p.m. Wednesday in the 1100 block of Major Avenue in Riverton on a failure to appear Fremont County warrant arrest.
- Jordyn Linn, 20, of Lander was arrested at about 11:30 a.m. Wednesday in the 1100 block of Major Avenue in Riverton on a Fremont County arrest warrant for a bond violation.
- Deputies responded at about 7:34 a.m. Wednesday in the 900 block of Eight Mile Road in Pavillion, on reports of an animal problem involving hogs on the property of the reporting party.
- Deputies responded at about 8:23 a.m. Wednesday in the 900 block of Eight Mile Road in Pavillion, on reports of pigs that had vandalized a garden.
- Deputies responded at about 8:43 a.m. Wednesday in the 300 block of Eight Mile Road in Riverton, on reports that dogs had attacked goats.
- Deputies responded to a theft report at about 2:23 p.m. Wednesday in the 300 block of Eight Mile Road in Riverton. The individual reported the theft of a John Deer riding lawn mower.
-Grantor: SLAGOWSKI TRENT RUSSELL, Grantee: FINLEY CALLIE MARIE, Rec Date: 08/04/2017
- Grantor: STEHLIN SCOTT EDWARD, Grantee: LAW MARIE LANA, Rec Date: 08/04/2017
- Grantor: LOOKER SCOTT SHEPARD, Grantee: GALLEGO EVEYLYN SUBRECARY, Rec Date: 08/09/2017
- Grantor: SHERMAN JARED JAMES, Grantee: KASZA KERRI ANN, Rec Date: 08/14/2017
- Grantor: GIES JOREY DALEN, Grantee: HENRY SHEYLA MAKAY, Rec Date: 08/14/2017
-Grantor: STUBLE JULIE ANNE, Grantee: MCNARY JOSHUA ADDISON, Rec Date: 08/02/2017
- Grantor: COLE JAMES MATTHEW, Grantee: REAY HAYLEE ROCHELLE, Rec Date: 08/02/2017
- Grantor: SCHATZA TANNER NICOLE, Grantee: WEST NICHOLAS ANDREW, Rec Date: 08/02/2017
- Grantor: MORTIMER BUDDY MONROE, Grantee: HANCOCK JONI LYNN, Rec Date: 08/03/2017
- Grantor: HARDWICK MICHAEL RAY, Grantee: HASLAM DESERAY NICHOLE, Rec Date: 08/03/2017
- Grantor: WATKINS ALEXANDER NICHOLAS, Grantee: WATKINS JOY MARIE, Rec Date: 08/07/2017
- Grantor: WISE ROBERT GLEN, Grantee: HATCH MIA LENETTE, Rec Date: 08/07/2017
- Grantor: SLAGOWSKI TRENT RUSSELL, Grantee: FINLEY CALLIE MARIE, Rec Date: 08/07/2017
- Grantor: HELLER MATTHEW JAMES, Grantee: SPURLOCK KELLY NICOLE, Rec Date: 08/07/2017
- Grantor: STROCK JEFFREY WADE, Grantee: ROBERTS BENNILEE, Rec Date: 08/08/2017
- Grantor: PINGETZER BRACE ROBERT, Grantee: BELL HALEY AMBER, Rec Date: 08/09/2017
- Grantor: ALCARAZ EMILLIO PASCUAL, Grantee: BOULETTE LYNDSAY JEAN, Rec Date: 08/09/2017
- Grantor: STROUS RICHARD ALDERSON, Grantee: SHANLEY HEATHER DAWN, Rec Date: 08/10/2017
- Grantor: SCHAUB GREGG WILLIAM, Grantee: JAMERMAN RAE LYNN, Rec Date: 08/11/2017
- Grantor: CROCE JOEY DANIEL, Grantee: NORDWICK SLOAN CORINNE, Rec Date: 08/14/2017
- Grantor: LAMAR ROBERT JOSEPH III, Grantee: WRIGHT CHRISTINA KATHLEEN, Rec Date: 08/14/2017
- Grantor: MILLER JOSHUA ALEXANDER, Grantee: GROTTE DESIREE LEIGH, Rec Date: 08/14/2017
-Q94;Grantor: SCHROCK ANDREW LAWRENCE, Grantee: CUMMINGS CALLY JEAN, Rec Date: 08/14/2017
- Grantor: CAVANESS WAYNE P, Legal: Sub/Mine: SPENCER SUB RI Lot: 2 Block: 5 City: RIVERTON, Grantee: LIETZ LESTER, Rec Date: 08/03/2017
- Grantor: SPUR PROPERTIES LLC, Legal: Sub/Mine: LANDER ORIGINAL TOWN OF LA Lot: 1 Block: 10 C..., Sub/Mine: LANDER ORIGINAL TOWN OF LA Lot: 2 Block: 10 City:LANDER, Sub/Mine: RIVERSIDE ADD LA Lot: 1 Block: 10 City: LANDER, Grantee: SOUTHTOWNE PROPERTIES MANAGEMENT LLC, Rec Date: 08/04/2017
- Grantor: FIELDS NOAH J, FIELDS WHITNEY Legal: Sub/Mine: WOODRIDGE ESTATES REPLAT OF REPLAT OF LOTS 5A & 8A BLOCK 2 RI Lot: 5A1 Block: 2 City: RIVERTON, Grantee: MAXSON MARK DANIEL, Rec Date: 08/04/2017
- Grantor: MILLESON FAMILY TRUST, MILLESON DAVID TRUSTEE, Legal: Sub/Mine: POPO AGIE HEIGHTS ADD LA Lot: 6 Block: 1 City: LANDER, Grantee: MILLESON DAVID J, Rec Date: 08/07/2017
- Grantor: KENNEAH LAMAR L , KENNAH JAMI L, Legal: Quarter: SWNE Section: 21 Township: 33N Range: 99W, Grantee: LARSON INGRID LOUISE, Rec Date: 08/07/2017
- Grantor: W DOUBLE B LTD, Legal: Sub/Mine: LITTLE WARM SPRINGS CREEK SUB #1 DU Lot: 1 City: DUBOIS, Grantee: WHITE BRADLEY T, WHITE LORI A, Rec Date: 08/08/2017
- Grantor: THURSTON WYATT J Legal: Sub/Mine: MEADOW VIEW ESTATES SUB MI Lot: 1 City: MISCELLANEOUS, Grantee: KILLINGER EVAN, Rec Date: 08/08/2017
- Grantor: CHILDERS CYNTHIA S Legal: Quarter: SW Section: 29 Township: 1N Range: 4E, Grantee: MASON MATTHEW, MASON AMY, Rec Date: 08/08/2017
- Grantor: LAMAR JAMIE R Legal: Sub/Mine: HOUSE ADD RI Lot: 4 Block: 1 City: RIVERTON, Grantee: TURNER TIMOTHY E, TURNER CAMILLE L, Rec Date: 08/08/2017