TodayAug 30, 2017 From staff reports
A son was born to Brindi Lock of Fort Washakie and Adam H. Spoonhunter II of Arapahoe at 2:22 p.m. August 28, 2017, at SageWest Health Care at Lander. The baby weighed 7 pounds, 7.8 ounces.
Susan H. Mascorro, 69, of Lander, passed away Aug. 29, 2017, at her home surrounded by her loved ones. As per her request, cremation has taken place, and there will be no services.
Robert Lyle Van Vleet, 89, passed away April 13, 2017, in Soldotna, Alaska. He was born in Hudson. Memorial services will be held at11 a.m.Friday, Sept. 1,at the Hudson cemetery, with a luncheon to follow at Hudson Town Hall.
Thursday, August 31
SageWest Health Care is hosting a free community forum at 5:30 p.m. in the Spring Mountain Room of the Wind River Hotel and Casino. SageWest CEO Alan Daugherty and hospital leadership will be present for an open conversation on activities at SageWest Health Care. For more information call 857-3401 or 335-6360.
Friday, September 1
The 63rd Northern Arapaho Indian Powwow is Sept. 1-3 in Arapahoe. This community powwow also has a hand drum contest on Saturday and a parade and feast on Sunday.
First Friday: Art & Live Music Enjoy local Art and Live Music at the Middle Fork. Enjoy the local art scene, hear some great live music, and get delicious dinner and drinks. Happy hour is at 5 PM. Music is from 6-7:30 PM. Jazz standards on the patio. Middle Fork's new dinner menu "5-4-3-2-1:" Happy hour 5-6pm, ($5 Tapas Plate, $4 House Cocktail, $3 House Wine, $2 Bottled Beer, $1 Popcorn). 351 Main St., 4-7pm, 307-335-5035, facebook.com/MiddleForkCafe
Power of Multiples Art Exhibit Reception Lander Art Center: POWR: Potters of the Wind Rivers presents: "The Power of Multiples" exhibition of fine ceramic art. Reception 6-8pm. Free admission. Open Tues. - Thurs. from 10-6pm, and Fri.-Sat. from 10-4pm. 214 Main Street. (307) 332-5772, landerartcenter.com
Saturday, September 2
Moccasin Lake Challenge Race Fort Washakie will host the fun annual Moccasin Lake Challenge Race, Run or Walk, with incredible views on the 18-21 mile route. New this year is the youngster's 5-mile route. 7am registration, 8:30am make your way to the starting line on Moccasin Road, and opening ceremony at 9:30am. Meet at Rocky Mountain Hall, 19 North Fork Rd. Bring plenty of water and sunscreen. $20 includes a souvenir t-shirt - cross the finish line and get a hoodie! 307-349-7089 or 307-438-6563, email@example.com
Lander Valley Farmers Market fresh produce and hand made crafts, held every Saturday 9am-noon at Lander City Park. 405 Fremont St. landervalleyfarmersmarket.com
Labor Day Ranch Rodeo Shoshoni presents the 15th Annual Labor Day Ranch Rodeo, showcasing real cowboys and their day-to-day ranch working skills at 5pm. Tickets $8. Held at the Art Shanley Memorial Arena at West 1st and S. Maple Street. Bess 307-262-6094, Facebook.com/ShoshoniRodeo
Kids Gymkhana Rodeo Shoshoni presents their annual Kids Gymkhana Rodeo! Two chances this Labor day Weekend to bring the family for rodeo fun and games on horseback starting at 6pm. See true western barrel racing and pole bending. Shanley Memorial Arena, 210 S. Maple St. 307-840-0209. firstname.lastname@example.org
Information in this column is taken from official law enforcement reports. An arrest is a preliminary step in the legal process. It does not mean that a person has been found guilty of a crime. By law, persons who are arrested are innocent until proven guilty through due legal processes.
In Riverton Police Department reports Tuesday:
-Felix Walter, 32, of Riverton, was arrested at about 2:10 a.m. Tuesday in the 800 block of North Federal Boulevard for driving under the influence and excessive acceleration.
- Kayla Lincoln, 34, of Arapahoe, was arrested at about 3:15 a.m. Tuesday in the 300 bock of North Federal Boulevard for driving under the influence and on a Fremont County warrant.
- Darek Richards, 36, of Riverton, was arrested at about 4:15 p.m. Tuesday in the 400 block of West Adams Avenue for driving under suspension.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Tuesday to Wednesday morning:
-No arrests were recorded.
- A subject was airlifted from the South Pass area after a four-wheeler rollover was reported at about 1 p.m. Tuesday. Further information was unavailable.
- A 29-year-old man was charged with battery after a fight between two inmates earlier this month in the Fremont County Detention Center in Lander.
- Several phones were reported stolen at about 3:35 a.m. Wednesday from the 1500 block of East Monroe Avenue.
The Wyoming State Engineer's Office report on stream flows, reservoir levels and canal diversions in the Wind River Basin as of Monday are as listed in the first column. The readings for Tuessday are in the second column. Measurements are in cubic feet per second unless otherwise stated.
Wind River near Dubois 131 132
Wind River above Red Creek 558 548
Dinwoody Creek above Lakes 211 209
Bull Lake Creek above Bull Lake 373 375
Bull Lake Creek near Lenore 600 603
Wind River near Crowheart 1,140 1,130
Wind River near Kinnear 179 177
Wind River at Riverton 112 97.9
Little Popo Agie River 61.1 60.4
Little Wind River near Riverton 332 311
Fivemile Creek near Shoshoni 367 344
Wind River below Boysen * *
-Q94;Grantor: SHELBY URIEL MICAH, Grantee: EDWARDS CRISTINA ELIZABETH, Rec Date: 07/11/2017
-Q94;Grantor: BUCKINGHAM SHELDON SCOTT, Grantee: BECKER SHAI MARIE, Rec Date: 07/11/2017
- Grantor: BRAUNEIS MITCHELL JOE, Grantee: PEIL MEGHEN NOELLE, Rec Date: 07/11/2017
- Grantor: FINK DARYLL MARTIN, Grantee: WARD HEATHER MARIE, Rec Date: 07/13/2017
- Grantor: ESSER TIMOTHY WILLIAM, Grantee: HOFFMAN MEGHAN ANN, Rec Date: 07/13/2017
- Grantor: KRANZ BENJAMIN COLE, Grantee: MURRAY SHAILY HELENE, Rec Date: 07/14/2017
- Grantor: GIROD MICHAEL TROY, Grantee: WALDRON JESSIKA RUTH, Rec Date: 07/14/2017
- Grantor: WEST DARYL RAY, Grantee: GROVER DAREESE LYN, Rec Date: 07/14/2017
- Grantor: STANLEY JOSHUA DEAN, Grantee: HIATT PATRICIA LYNELL, Rec Date: 07/17/2017
- Grantor: MCKERCHIE ALLEN MICHAEL, Grantee: SAXBY SARAH JOANNE, Rec Date: 07/17/2017
- Grantor: BARTON TRAVIS JOHN, Grantee: BARLOW KYLEE SCOTT, Rec Date: 07/17/2017
- Grantor: MURPHREE TYLER THOMAS, Grantee: FLOM ERICA ANN, Rec Date: 07/18/2017
- Grantor: REID RALPH, Grantee: MORRIS CONNIE BAKER, Rec Date: 07/19/2017
- Grantor: GUTIERREZ MARTIN JOHN SR, Grantee: CHAVEZ THERESA J, Rec Date: 07/19/2017
- Grantor: JORDAN DAN WALTON JR, Grantee: GANCARSKI ALICIA DAWN, Rec Date: 07/20/2017
- Grantor: GOLLIHARE BRIAN LEE JR, Grantee: ROBINSON KANDIS DAWN, Rec Date: 07/24/2017
- Grantor: FEHRING SHANE MATTHEW, Grantee: SMITH LEESA MARIE, Rec Date: 07/24/2017
- Grantor: RENKERT WILLIAM ALAN, Grantee: HUTCHINSON VICKIE GAYLE, Rec Date: 07/25/2017
- Grantor: STACK ZACHARY EVAN, Grantee: ANDERSON LAURA KIRSTIN, Rec Date: 07/25/2017
- Grantor: MENZIES MICHAEL DEE, Grantee: BOLTE CHANTEL REECE, Rec Date: 07/26/2017
- Grantor: CHAVIS CHARLES JAY, Grantee: ELLIS ASHELY RAE ANN, Rec Date: 07/27/2017
- Grantor: BARROWS HAROLD EUGENE, Grantee: WATTS TIAMARIA DAWN, Rec Date: 07/27/2017
- Grantor: MCNAMEE CHASE DANIEL, Grantee: PINCE MEGAN BETH ROSE, Rec Date: 07/27/2017
- Grantor: HERNANDEZ FRANK MARTINEZ, Grantee: VAZQUEZ KELLY, Rec Date: 07/28/2017
- Grantor: QUESADA FERMIN ANDREW, Grantee: NELSON TIFFANIE AMBER, Rec Date: 07/28/2017
- Grantor: KOWACH MICHAEL CHARLES JR, Grantee: NOLAN KELLY DAWN, Rec Date: 07/28/2017
- Grantor: BOSTICK MICHAEL EDMOND, Grantee: THOMPSON MEGHAN ANN, Rec Date: 07/31/2017
- Grantor: DRAPER JAMES EARL, Grantee: SNYDER KRISTA TARA, Rec Date: 08/01/2017
- Grantor: TOWNS JANICE A, Legal: Half: E Section: 21 Township: 3N Range: 1E, Grantee: TOWNS RICHARD M TRUSTEE, TOWNS JANICE A TRUSTEE, TOWNS FAMILY LIVING TRUST, Rec Date: 08/01/2017
- Grantor: GUTHRIDGE RUTH C, Legal: Section: 21 Township: 4N Range: 3E Lot: 7 Remarks: TRACT 7, Section: 22 Township: 4N Range: 3E Lot: 2 Remarks: TRACT 2, Quarter: SWNW Section: 22 Township: 4N Range: 3E, Grantee: GUTHRIDGE RUTH C TRUSTEE, GURTHRIDGE RUTH C REVOCABLE LIVING TRUST, Rec Date: 08/01/2017
- Grantor: NEWMAN FAMILY TRUST, NEWMAN ARTHUR L TRUSTEE, NEWMAN KATHLEEN TRUSTEE, Legal: Sub/Mine: ROLLING HILLS SUB RI Lot: 1 City: RIVERTON, Grantee: BLOOMQUIST GEORGE, Rec Date: 08/01/2017
- Grantor: WEMPEN LEONARD D , WEMPEN JANET L, Legal: Sub/Mine: LOST WELLS BUTTE FILING #1 RESUB OF LOT 47 MI ..., Grantee: FRIESEN SHANE GREGORY, Rec Date: 08/01/2017
- Grantor: GRIFFITH NEAL P JR, GRIFFITH CAROLYN R, Legal: Sub/Mine: DALLAS NORTH MI Lot: 2 City: MISCELLANEOUS, Grantee: BURTON CHRIS, JURICH ROSANNE, Rec Date: 08/02/2017
-Q94;Grantor: SWEET HOMES LLC, Legal: Sub/Mine: MAZURIE 2ND ADD LA Lot: 3 Block: 2 City: LANDER, Grantee: TRAHNSTROM MICHELLE L, TRAHNSTROM KRISTOFOR L, Rec Date: 08/02/2017
- Grantor: HEATON STACEY A, Legal: Sub/Mine: POPO AGIE HEIGHTS ADD LA Lot: 1 Block: 3 City..., Grantee: LAROSE LARRY R, LAROSE HELEN G, Rec Date: 08/03/2017