Friday's editorial about issues at the Riverton Branch Library stated incorrectly that RIverton library manager Shari Haskins had addressed the Fremont County Commission. Information cited in the editorial came from a meeting of the Fremont County Library Board and related board report covered by The Ranger.
A daughter was born to Jacquelyne Dietz of Lander and Dutch Haberman of Lander at 12:59 p.m. Oct. 5 at SageWest Health at Lander. The baby weighed 6 pounds, 2.2 ounces.
A son was born to Kyrie Blaney and Daniel Blaney of Riverton at 10:51 p.m. Oct. 8 at SageWest Health Care in Lander. The baby weighed 6 pounds, 10 ounces.
Mary Jane Day, 80, of Ethete, passed away Saturday, Oct. 7, 2017, at the family home.An evening service will be held 7-9 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 10, at Blue Sky Hall, with a wake to follow at the family residence, 643 Ethete Road. Traditional Indian funeral services will be held at 10 a.m. Wednesday, Oct. 11, at Blue Sky Hall. Interment will be in the YellowCalf Cemetery in Ethete.
Carl Ronald "Ron" Johnson, 77, of Dubois, died Saturday morning, Oct. 7, 2017. at Wind River Health Care in Riverton.Services are pending in Dubois with the Davis Funeral Home of Riverton.
Thursday, October 12
The 8th annual tribal farmer's market will be held every Thursday from 4 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. until Oct. 12. They will be held on a rotating basis in three reservation communities:
- Fort Washakie - Post Office parking lot
(Located across from the Joint Tribal Building, turn left at the Tribal Gas Station.)
- Ethete - Blue Sky Hall parking lot
(Located at the corner of the stoplight, across from the Ethete Store.)
- Arapahoe - Great Plains parking lot
(Located just off of 17 Mile Road, west of the Health Center.)
Fees are $5 per day for vendors or $20 per season and $30 for out-of-state truck sales. Tables will not be provided. Pre-registration and payment in advance is encouraged but not required. The markets are sponsored by Blue Mountain Associates Inc. For more information call Viola Antelope at 314-8128.
The Dubois Summer Farmer's Market is 5-7 p.m. at St. Thomas Church, 9 South 1st St. 455-2313.
The Dubois Museum Bluebird Project will review data collected in its first year 7-8 p.m. at 909 W. Ramshorn St. 455-2284.
Information in this column is taken from official law enforcement reports. An arrest is a preliminary step in the legal process. It does not mean that a person has been found guilty of a crime. By law, persons who are arrested are innocent until proven guilty through due legal processes.
In Riverton Police Department weekend reports through Monday:
-Officers responded to a trespassing call at about 9:05 a.m. Friday in the 100 block of South Fifth Street East. A trespassing notice is pending.
- Officers responded to a theft call at about 11:25 a.m. Friday in the 100 block of East Park Avenue. A bicycle was reported stolen from a yard.
- A 16-year-old Riverton girl was cited at about 2:50 p.m. Friday in the 2000 block of West Sunset Drive for violating general braking requirements. Officials said she initiated a minor traffic collision involving two other vehicles: The girl's vehicle rear-ended another vehicle in front of her which then hit another vehicle. She said she was having brake problems, according to reports.
- Officers responded to a traffic offense at about 4:10 p.m. Friday in the 500 block of South Broadway Avenue. A driver was contacted and advised to follow the laws of the road after complaints of illegal parking while delivering newspapers, officials said.
- A purse was reported stolen at about 4:10 p.m. Friday in the 700 block of North Federal Boulevard; suspects were identified.
- Jaire Millier, 33, of Riverton, was arrested at about 7:30 p.m. Friday in the 600 block of North Federal Boulevard for public intoxication.
- Ariana Odonnell, 19, of Riverton, was arrested at about 9:40 p.m. Friday in the 800 block of West Main Street on a Fremont County Sheriff's Office warrant.
- Charlie Benally, 21, of Ethete was arrested at about 10:30 p.m. Friday in the 600 block of West Main Street on a municipal warrant and for possession of a controlled substance. A 17-year-old boy was transferred to the local hospital and issued a citation for driving under the influence during the same call. Officials said the arrest was related to a vehicle that crashed into a light pole in the parking lot of the Riverton High School; the teenager had called Benally for assistance, and the accident occurred when Benally arrived at the scene.
- Officers responded at about 7 a.m. Saturday in the 400 block of Oak Lane to reports that a car window had been broken. The damage was valued at about $200.
- Officers assisted with a runaway call at about 2:30 p.m. Saturday in the 1700 block of North Federal Boulevard. Officers entered a 16 year-old girl from Ethete as a runaway.
- Lance Lajeunesse, 19, of Riverton, was arrested at about 5:20 p.m. Saturday in the 1500 block of East Monroe Avenue for driving under the influence, possession of marijuana, no vehicle registration, no insurance and no driver's license. Also arrested was Nathan Plush-Greenhalgh, 19, of Riverton, on a Fremont County Sheriff's Office warrant and for possession of marijuana.
- Kindra Jones, 34, of Riverton, was arrested at about 5:20 p.m. Saturday in the 200 block of West Adams Avenue for driving under the influence, driving with no seat belt and expired registration.
- Benjamin Piper, 52, of Riverton, was arrested at about 6:20 p.m. Saturday in the 800 block of East Main Street for public intoxication.
- Officers assisted the Wind River Police Department with an incident involving a stolen vehicle at about 7:30 p.m. Saturday on South Federal Boulevard.
- Patrick Forster, 20, of Shoshoni, was arrested at about 8:50 p.m. Saturday in the 1000 block of North Federal Boulevard on a Fremont County Sheriff's Office warrant.
- Lloyd Oldman, 37, of Riverton, was arrested at about 9:35 p.m. Saturday in the 200 block of Parkcrest Way on a Fremont County Sheriff's Office warrant.
- Daniel Thompson, 55, of Riverton was arrested at about 10:55 p.m. Saturday in the 1200 block of West Main Street for driving under the influence.
- Keyanna Applehans, 18, of Riverton was cited at about 11:10 p.m. Saturday in the 800 block of Independence Drive for possession of marijuana.
- Dustin Friday, 27, of Riverton was arrested at about 11:10 p.m. Saturday in the 1300 block of Redwood Drive on a municipal warrant.
- Eleanor Maldonado, 50, of Riverton was arrested at about 12:50 a.m. Sunday in the 1000 block of North Broadway for driving under the influence, no driver's license, flashing signal violation and no vehicle registration.
- Yvette Mascarenaz, 31, of Arapahoe, and Patrick Hinde, 28, of Riverton, both were arrested at about 2:30 a.m. Sunday in the 1200 block of South Eighth Street East for domestic abuse. Both subjects suffered minor injuries, according to reports.
- Officers responded to a burglary call at about 5:05 p.m. Sunday in the 200 block of Big Horn Drive. A handgun was reported stolen from a vehicle; reports state the car was unlocked.
Jerald Friday, 54, of Casper, was arrested at about 5:50 p.m. Sunday in the 800 block of East Main Street for public intoxication.
- Jacob Lujan, 36, of Riverton, was arrested at about 10:45 p.m. Sunday in the 800 block of Cliff Avenue for public intoxication.
- A wallet was reported stolen at about 8 a.m. Monday from a shopping cart at a store in the 1700 block of North Federal Boulevard.
- Police responded at about 9 a.m. Monday to reports of a minor traffic incident in a parking lot in the 2600 block of Peck Avenue.
- Police responded at about 11 a.m. Monday to a minor traffic incident in the 100 block of East Sunset Drive.
- Rachel Brown, 62, of Riverton, was arrested at about 11:40 a.m. Monday on East Pershing Avenue on a municipal warrant.
- Police responded at about 5:10 p.m. Monday to reports that some juveniles were throwing rocks at dogs in the 2600 block of East Monroe Court. The youth were contacted and told to stop, according to reports.
- Police assisted with a structure fire reported at about 11:10 p.m. Monday in the 300 block of Elk Drive.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office weekend reports through Monday:
-Amanda Christiansen, 21, of Riverton, was arrested for driving while under the influence.
- Esteban Cornelio Jr., 25, of Riverton, was arrested on an Albany County warrant and drug conspiracy at about 9:24 a.m. Friday in the 1600 block of North Federal Boulevard.
- Marie Donathan, 25, of Riverton, was arrested for pedestrian under the influence.
- Matthew Fenton, 27, of Riverton, was arrested at about 3:20 p.m. Sunday in Riverton for interference with police, probation revocation and on a Laramie County arrest warrant.
- Shannen Ray, 40, of Riverton, was arrested on a Fremont County warrant and for probation revocation.
- Officers responded to a littering call at about 2:25 p.m. Sunday in the 800 block of Lough Drive in Riverton. The reporting party said a head and hide of two deer had been left in a dumpster.
- Officials said a vehicle fled from a deputy at about 9:45 p.m. Monday in the 800 block of North Federal Boulevard. Reports state the vehicle headed south through Riverton to Goes In Lodge Road. The driver and occupant were not located, but the vehicle was impounded, according to reports.